Victoria Azarenka - News and More
- Nationality: BLR ()
- Birthdate: July 31, 1989
- Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: Pro (2003)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 2
Do you like Victoria Azarenka?
| Coached by Sam Sumyk ... Mother is Alla; father is Fedor; has one brother, Max ... Introduced to tennis at age 7 by mother ... Favorite shot is backhand; favor ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Simona Halep Lone Top 16 Seed And Top 20 Player To Reach Madrid QFs; Surprise Finalist On Top Half
- to do more fitness and tennis practice."
The 2-time Wimbledon champion still hasn't made a final this season.
No. 4 seed Victoria Azarenka later withdrew due to a back injury.
"Unfortunately in my first match I think I tweaked my back a little bit. It was really cold, and, I...
- Victoria Azarenka Withdraws With Bad Back; Just 3 Seeds Remain In Madrid
- seed Victoria Azarenka withdrew from her match today in Madrid against American qualifier Louisa Chirico due to a back injury.
Azarenka said she injured the back during her first round win over Laura Robson. She is still scheduled to play Rome next week, but will undergo furthe...
- WTA Seeds Right Ship in Madrid; Halep vs. Bacsinszky on Wed.
- in Madrid are (6) Halep vs. (10) Bacsinszky, (8) Suarez Navarro vs. Stosur, (5) Petra Kvitova vs. Daria Gavrilova, and (4) Victoria Azarenka vs. Louisa Chirico.
- Serena Dodging Azarenka? Muguruza Upset Monday in Madrid; Tues. Preview
- is No. 1 this year? The rankings say Serena Williams. But the titles say Victoria Azarenka, who has won Brisbane and the difficult back-to-back Indian Wells and Miami.
Serena has zero titles this year in three tournaments.
While Williams withdrew from Madrid citing the ...
- Top 2 Bounced from Madrid; Monday Previews
- person..But I tried to be patient today and it worked."
Top 10 seeds into the second round were (3) Garbine Muguruza, (4) Victoria Azarenka, (5) Petra Kvitova, (6) Simona Halep, (8) Carla Suarez Navarro, and (10) Timea Bacsinszky.
Bacsinszky beat Andrea Petkovic 6-4, 2-6, 6-3...
- Serena Williams Withdraws From Madrid, Her Third Pull-Out In 2016
- French and Wimbledon the next few months.
Agnieszka Radwanska will assume the top seed role. Defending champion Petra Kvitova, Victoria Azarenka and Simona Halep are also in the draw.
Venus Williams also announced that she will not play Madrid.
Serena posted a photo yesterday o...
- Kvitova Shocks Azarenka for WTA Madrid Crown
- 16-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova defeated No. 3 Victoria Azarenka 7-6(3), 6-3 to win the Mutua Madrid Open on Sunday, her fourth career WTA crown and third of 2011 after Brisbane and the Paris-indoors. "We know each other so it was going to be tough to find the key, but I think ...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- well throughout this tournament, and it's something that's going to be quite important in the final.Q. Talk about your match maybe against Azarenka.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, she plays really aggressive and swings really hard from both sides. You know, a great returner. It'll be tough. I lost...
- Federer Plays While Nadal Shakes The Blues In Rome; Top 7 Men In Action Thursday, Azarenka Withdraws
- Federer Tanks Tomic, Azarenka Survives Scare at Australian Open
- Roddick Revs Up Forehand, Stuns Federer In Miami; Azarenka Escapes; Djokovic, Nadal, Serena Tuesday
- Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic In The 2015 Dubai Final, Who's The Pick? Azarenka Beats Venus In Doha
- Djokovic Opens Bid For "Djoker Slam", Federer, Azarenka Also Scheduled; Roddick Roughed Up At Roland Garros
- Federer Continues To Dominate While Young, Azarenka Post Dramatic Wins At US Open; Djokovic, Serena Sunday
Recent fan comments for Victoria Azarenka:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)