Victoria Azarenka - News and More
- Nationality: BLR ()
- Birthdate: July 31, 1989
- Age: 29 years old
- Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: Pro (2003)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Do you like Victoria Azarenka?
Coached by Sam Sumyk ... Mother is Alla; father is Fedor; has one brother, Max ... Introduced to tennis at age 7 by mother ... Favorite shot is backhand; favor ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Pliskova Powers Pasts Azarenka In Rome, Leads Unlikely Group Of Semifinalists
- Pliskova overcame a set deficit to put away a pesky Victoria Azarenka 6-7(5), 6-2, 6-2 to her 500th career match and reach the Rome semifinals.
Pliskova led early and then served for the opener at 5-3. But Azarenka, who had won four of seven entering against the Czech, came b...
- Osaka Wins 2 In Rome, Secures French Top Seed; Konta Upsets Stephens, Venus; Halep, Kvitova Ailing
- injured were fellow Slam winners Garbine Muguruza and Petra Kvitova. Muguruza retired in the second down a set and a break to Victoria Azarenka due to a left thigh issue.
Kvitova retired down 4-0 in the third to Maria Sakkari because of a left calf problem. Sakkari will now meet ...
- No Serena-Venus In Rome; Svitlova Blows 5-2 Lead v Azarenka
- 5-2 up in the third set against Victoria Azarenka, Elina Svitolina somehow couldn't must another game, missing two match points and dropping five straight games to lose 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 in rainy Rome second round encounter.
Svitolina was the 2-time defending champion who had won her...
- Fognini, Coric, Shapovalov Rome Winners; Cilic, Wawrinka Tues
- v Nick Kyrgios
2nd Rd 4 Alexander Zverev v (WC) Matteo Berrettini
Not Before 7:30 Pm
2nd Rd 5 Elina Svitolina v (WC) Victoria Azarenka
Not Before 9:00 Pm
2nd Rd Philipp Kohlschreiber v 16 Marco Cecchinato
Grandstand 11:00 Am
1st Rd David Goffin v Stan Wa...
- Venus Needs 9 MPs To Beat Mertens In Rome, Serena Next; Azarenka v Svitolina Tues
- day for Americans.
Other results included Anett Kontaveit, Dominika Cibulkova and Garbine Muguruza all advancing. So too did Victoria Azarenka who beat Shuai Zhang 6-2, 6-1 in a late match. She'll have to return tomorrow to face 2-time defending champion Elina Svitolina who she lea...
- WTA Rome Preview: Serena Returns With 9 Of Top 10, Could Face Venus In 2R
- Svitolina and Serena are the only past champions.
With a draw so stacked, among the unseeded players are Garbine Muguruza, Victoria Azarenka, Johanna Konta, Venus Williams and Danielle Collins.
The draw shapes up as follows:
Top 4 Seeds: 1 Osaka, 6 Bertens, 9 S...
- Kvitova Shocks Azarenka for WTA Madrid Crown
- 16-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova defeated No. 3 Victoria Azarenka 7-6(3), 6-3 to win the Mutua Madrid Open on Sunday, her fourth career WTA crown and third of 2011 after Brisbane and the Paris-indoors. "We know each other so it was going to be tough to find the key, but I think ...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- well throughout this tournament, and it's something that's going to be quite important in the final.Q. Talk about your match maybe against Azarenka.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, she plays really aggressive and swings really hard from both sides. You know, a great returner. It'll be tough. I lost...
- Federer Plays While Nadal Shakes The Blues In Rome; Top 7 Men In Action Thursday, Azarenka Withdraws
- Federer Tanks Tomic, Azarenka Survives Scare at Australian Open
- Federer v Dimitrov, Raonic v Zverev; Azarenka v Halep; Wimbledon Monday Picks And Pans
- Roddick Revs Up Forehand, Stuns Federer In Miami; Azarenka Escapes; Djokovic, Nadal, Serena Tuesday
- Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic In The 2015 Dubai Final, Who's The Pick? Azarenka Beats Venus In Doha
- Djokovic Opens Bid For "Djoker Slam", Federer, Azarenka Also Scheduled; Roddick Roughed Up At Roland Garros
Recent fan comments for Victoria Azarenka: