Victoria Azarenka - News and More
- Nationality: BLR ()
- Birthdate: July 31, 1989
- Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: Pro (2003)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 2
Do you like Victoria Azarenka?
| Coached by Sam Sumyk ... Mother is Alla; father is Fedor; has one brother, Max ... Introduced to tennis at age 7 by mother ... Favorite shot is backhand; favor ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Kuznetsova Winless in Russian Shocker; Fed Cup Capsules
- as the underrated Kristina Mladenovic and Caroline Garcia carried the day in singles.
World Group II
BELARUS d. CANADA 3-2
Victoria Azarenka and Genie Bouchard both bailed on their countries, so this was a battle of also-rans. If you don't know the name Aliaksandra Sasnovich, you...
- 11 Things I Think I Thought About The Australian Open, Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams And Roger Federer's Knee
- how much is the "corporation" thinking about wins vs. starting a family?
Petra Kvitova - Has the game but too many injuries?
Victoria Azarenka - Might be a contender but my gut tells me she's passed her prime.
Agnieszka Radwanska - Good player, but not No. 1 material.
- Fed Cup Capsules: Halep Skips Surgery To Compete, Bouchard And Radwanska Skip Out
- Jarmila Wolfe.
Belarus at Canada
Genie Bouchard skipping this tie puts Belarus in the driver's seat, with former world No. 1 Victoria Azarenka steering on indoor hardcourt in Quebec City.
Poland at USA
Venus Williams and Sloane Stephens lead the U.S. team in Hawaii, which looke...
- Angelique Kerber: It Sounds Crazy But I Can Say I'm A Grand Slam Champion Now!
- Slam final and the first to do so in three sets. And until Saturday, she had never before beaten a World No. 1.
Kerber beat Victoria Azarenka and Johanna Konta en route to her first Grand Slam final. And in the first round she saved a match point against Masaki Doi.
- Azarenka Out, Konta Kruises, Tennis-X Notes
- No. 1 Victoria Azarenka's outsider shot at the Australian Open title was squashed by a German on Wednesday in Melbourne, while unseeded Brit Johanna Konta gave fans even more to cheer about my moving into the semifinals.
The No. 14-seeded Azarenka was unable to take adva...
- Andy Murray v David Ferrer, Milos Raonic v Gael Monfils; Who'll Make It To The Australian Open SFs?
- For him, that's good enough. So everybody wins. Sort of.
The Pick: Raonic in 3
In the women's draw, you have to like Victoria Azarenka, though I expect Angelique Kerber to give her a tussle. And I think Johanna Konta continues her incredible run beating qualifier Zhang.
- Kvitova Shocks Azarenka for WTA Madrid Crown
- 16-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova defeated No. 3 Victoria Azarenka 7-6(3), 6-3 to win the Mutua Madrid Open on Sunday, her fourth career WTA crown and third of 2011 after Brisbane and the Paris-indoors. "We know each other so it was going to be tough to find the key, but I think ...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- well throughout this tournament, and it's something that's going to be quite important in the final.Q. Talk about your match maybe against Azarenka.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, she plays really aggressive and swings really hard from both sides. You know, a great returner. It'll be tough. I lost...
- Federer Plays While Nadal Shakes The Blues In Rome; Top 7 Men In Action Thursday, Azarenka Withdraws
- Federer Tanks Tomic, Azarenka Survives Scare at Australian Open
- Roddick Revs Up Forehand, Stuns Federer In Miami; Azarenka Escapes; Djokovic, Nadal, Serena Tuesday
- Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic In The 2015 Dubai Final, Who's The Pick? Azarenka Beats Venus In Doha
- Djokovic Opens Bid For "Djoker Slam", Federer, Azarenka Also Scheduled; Roddick Roughed Up At Roland Garros
- Federer Continues To Dominate While Young, Azarenka Post Dramatic Wins At US Open; Djokovic, Serena Sunday
Recent fan comments for Victoria Azarenka:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)