Victoria Azarenka - News and More
- Nationality: BLR ()
- Birthdate: July 31, 1989
- Birthplace: Minsk, Belarus
- Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Turned Pro: Pro (2003)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 2
Do you like Victoria Azarenka?
| Coached by Sam Sumyk ... Mother is Alla; father is Fedor; has one brother, Max ... Introduced to tennis at age 7 by mother ... Favorite shot is backhand; favor ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Serena, Venus Up Thursday at French Open; Muguruza Mows French Wildcard
- Kuznetsova, No. 19 Sloane Stephens, and No. 21 Sam Stosur, all straight-set winners.
The No. 25 seed Begu, who has beaten Muguruza and Azarenka on clay this year, will next face German riser Annika Beck, who was a three-set winner over Kateryna Bondarenko.
Unseeded American Shelb...
- Serena Williams Doesn't Like The French Open Cold Weather
- easily made it through the tough conditions with a quick 42-minute 62, 60 victory. If the win didn't warm her up, Victoria Azarenka's exit should help!
Serena returns Thursday to take on Brazilian Teliana Pereira. ...
- Victoria Azarenka Retires From French Open With Right Knee Injury
- the third time in her career, Victoria Azarenka was unable to complete a Grand Slam match. Among the favorites to threaten Serena Williams, Azarenka's French Open bid was cut short today by a knee injury during her match with Italian Karin Knapp.
Azarenka injured the knee early on...
- Serena Williams Wins, Watches Path Get Easier at French Open; Angelique Kerber Out
- paved a lot smoother on Tuesday at Roland Garros when No. 3 Angie Kerber, who beat the American at the Australian Open, and No. 5 Victoria Azarenka, who beat Williams during the spring hardcourts run in the U.S., both fell out of the tournament.
Kerber was shocked by Dutchwoma...
- Victoria Azarenka Is Pain-Free, But Is She Ready To Beat Serena And Win The French Open?
- Azarenka is among the favorites to win the French Open after Serena Williams. But the Belarussian has only made the French Open semifinals once, and she admits clay she struggles on the clay.
“(It is) the most challenging just because of the specific movement that you have ...
- Serena Williams in Trouble if Early Seedings Hold; French Open Preview
- Garros champ.
Here is a look at the four quarters of the women's draw:
Top 4 Seeds: (1) Serena Williams, (5) Victoria Azarenka, (12) Carla Suarez Navarro, (14) Ana Ivanovic
Floaters: Francesca Schiavone, (22) Dominika Cibulkova
Notes: This is the group of death ...
- Kvitova Shocks Azarenka for WTA Madrid Crown
- 16-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova defeated No. 3 Victoria Azarenka 7-6(3), 6-3 to win the Mutua Madrid Open on Sunday, her fourth career WTA crown and third of 2011 after Brisbane and the Paris-indoors. "We know each other so it was going to be tough to find the key, but I think ...
- Maria Sharapova Interview - Miami
- well throughout this tournament, and it's something that's going to be quite important in the final.Q. Talk about your match maybe against Azarenka.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, she plays really aggressive and swings really hard from both sides. You know, a great returner. It'll be tough. I lost...
- Federer Plays While Nadal Shakes The Blues In Rome; Top 7 Men In Action Thursday, Azarenka Withdraws
- Federer Tanks Tomic, Azarenka Survives Scare at Australian Open
- Roddick Revs Up Forehand, Stuns Federer In Miami; Azarenka Escapes; Djokovic, Nadal, Serena Tuesday
- Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic In The 2015 Dubai Final, Who's The Pick? Azarenka Beats Venus In Doha
- Djokovic Opens Bid For "Djoker Slam", Federer, Azarenka Also Scheduled; Roddick Roughed Up At Roland Garros
- Federer Continues To Dominate While Young, Azarenka Post Dramatic Wins At US Open; Djokovic, Serena Sunday
Recent fan comments for Victoria Azarenka:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)