Naomi Osaka - News and More
Do you like Naomi Osaka?Father is from Haiti, mother is from Japan; older sister is Mari (also plays tennis) ... Aggressive baseliner; favorite shot is forehand ... Tennis idol growing ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive power
- Gauff Stuns Venus At Wimbledon; Osaka Out, Halep Survives Fall; Serena Tues.
- like Capriati. She'll now meet 2015 Wimbledon semifinalist Magdalena Rybarikova. The other big shocker of the day was No. 2 seed Naomi Osaka who tumbled out to new nemesis Yulia Putintseva who beat the Japanese for a third time in straight sets with a 7-6(4), 6-2. "I'm not goi...
- With New Coach Ivanisevic, Djokovic Opens Play Monday At Wimbledon; Venus v 15-Year-Old Gauff
- just to get into qualifying and then she proceeded to dominate in her three matches. No she faces her idol. The struggling Naomi Osaka opens against Yulia Putintseva who has two wins this year over the former No. 1, including just recently at Birmingham. "It's been kind ...
- Wimbledon Seedings: Djokovic, Barty Top Seeds; Federer Bumped Over Nadal
- Wimbledon seedings were released today. As custom, the men's seedings were based of a formula while the committee followed the WTA rankings for the women's seedings. About the only consternation was Roger Federer bump to No. 2 over World No. 2 Rafael Nadal. Federer won Halle th...
- WTA Top 3 -- Osaka, Barty, Pliskova -- Lead Way At Birmingham
- Top 3 women in the world -- Naomi Osaka, Ash Barty and Karolina Pliskova -- headline the Birmingham grass event this week. A rarity on the women's for a lower level, non-top Premier event. Not only will the title be at stake, but so too the No. 1 ranking as all three can end th...
- 12 Things I Think I Thought About Rafael Nadal And The French Open
- It's the post-Serena world... 7. Next Gen WTA While the young men get the pub, the young women are getting the results. We saw Naomi Osaka win the US Open and the Australian. Now 23-year-old Ash Barty takes the French beating two teens, 17-year-old Anisimova in the semis and 19...
- Halep Needs 45min To Reach French Open QFs; Stephens v Konta Tues.
- in the day while the skies were dark and damp, Madison Keys reached her second straight French quarter beating up on Naomi Osaka's conqueror Katerina Siniakova 6-2, 6-4. "It’s always a special and stressful experience every single time,” Keys said of being in a...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open, June 5
- something that gives you confidence, that you can do it even when you will be 30 or 32?SAMANTHA STOSUR: Absolutely. We played the final of Osaka last year, and I think she was 1 for 9 in finals. Then the next week she won a title. Now she's won this. I had only won two titles before ...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open. June 3
- that much about that match. I know it was cold and wet and whatever. I got through it.We also played the final of the tournament in Osaka at the end of the year last year, as well. That was the last time we played. We've had a lot of matches against each other. I think we both...
- Serena Was Wrong, Ramos Was Wrong, Osaka Is The Undeniable Champion
- Serena Williams v Osaka, Who Idolizes Her, in US Open Final
- Another Serena US Open Blow-up Mars Osaka Win in Final
- Osaka Ousts Sharapova At Indian Wells; Moms Serena, Azarenka Return Today
- Serena Rolls, Trips, Rolls at US Open; Keys, Osaka, Sharapova in Action Monday
- Naomi Osaka Splits From Coach Sascha Bajin