Naomi Osaka - News and More
Do you like Naomi Osaka?Father is from Haiti, mother is from Japan; older sister is Mari (also plays tennis) ... Aggressive baseliner; favorite shot is forehand ... Tennis idol growing ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive power
- 14 Matches Was Enough For Ash Barty To Be Awarded WTA Year-End No. 1 For 2020
- were frozen, Barty did not lose her French Open and other title points from 2019. So she stayed on top just ahead of US Open winner Naomi Osaka and Australian champ Sofia Kenin. Even Bianca Andreescu, who didn't hit a ball in 2020, finishing among the Top 10 at No. 7. Some WTA...
- Naomi Osaka Withdraws From French Open, Likely Done For The Year
- days after winning her second US Open title, Naomi Osaka opted out of the upcoming French Open citing her left hamstring. "Unfortunately I won't be able to play the French Open this year," Osaka posted on social media. "My hamstring is still sore so I won't have enough time to...
- Osaka Rallies Past Azarenka For Second US Open Title
- Serena Williams. Today, in a fan-less environment, Azarenka led 6-1, 2-0 with game point on her serve at 40-30. But her opponent, Naomi Osaka, got up off the mat and stormed back, winning 10 of the next 12 games and eventually take the title 1-6, 6-3, 6-3. "I think in the first...
- Azarenka Rallies To Deny Serena At US Open, Will Face Osaka For Title
- stepped her level up." The first semifinal of the evening turned out to be the superior match. In a very high quality affair, Naomi Osaka took down American upstart Jennifer Brady 7-6(1), 3-6, 6-3. The 25-year-old Brady entered her first Grand Slam semifinal on a hot strea...
- Serena Goes 3 Again, Reaches 11th Straight US Open SF, Hot Azarenka Next; Osaka v Brady SF
- Slam is a different stage. It's going to be a different fight. I'm looking forward to it." In the early match, power hitters Naomi Osaka and Jennifer Brady battle. Both have been belting the ball all event and the 25-year-old Brady hasn't dropped a set, or even come close to ...
- Osaka, Brady Advance To US Open SFs; Serena Leads Moms Wed.
- Osaka and Jennifer Brady powered into the US Open semifinals on Tuesday. Brady began the day on Arthur Ashe stadium and once again overpowered her opponent, Yulia Putintseva 6-3, 6-2 to reach her first career Slam semifinal. The 25-year-old Brady needed looked to be in som...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open, June 5
- something that gives you confidence, that you can do it even when you will be 30 or 32?SAMANTHA STOSUR: Absolutely. We played the final of Osaka last year, and I think she was 1 for 9 in finals. Then the next week she won a title. Now she's won this. I had only won two titles before ...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open. June 3
- that much about that match. I know it was cold and wet and whatever. I got through it.We also played the final of the tournament in Osaka at the end of the year last year, as well. That was the last time we played. We've had a lot of matches against each other. I think we both...
- Serena Was Wrong, Ramos Was Wrong, Osaka Is The Undeniable Champion
- Serena Williams v Osaka, Who Idolizes Her, in US Open Final
- Another Serena US Open Blow-up Mars Osaka Win in Final
- Osaka Ousts Sharapova At Indian Wells; Moms Serena, Azarenka Return Today
- Serena Rolls, Trips, Rolls at US Open; Keys, Osaka, Sharapova in Action Monday
- Naomi Osaka Splits From Coach Sascha Bajin