Naomi Osaka - News and More
Do you like Naomi Osaka?Father is from Haiti, mother is from Japan; older sister is Mari (also plays tennis) ... Aggressive baseliner; favorite shot is forehand ... Tennis idol growing ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive power
- Bencic Better Than Vondrousova, Becomes First Swiss Woman To Win Olympic Gold
- handed. She gives the Czech republic its first silver medal and en route to her first final since the 2019 French Open, she upended Naomi Osaka and Elina Svitolina, both in straight sets. Bencic is back on court Sunday to face more Czechs. She and Victorija Golubic will face the ...
- Bencic To Meet Vondrousova In Surprise Gold Medal Match At Tokyo Olympics
- her progress. The Czech was just 14-12 on the season having lost 4 of her last 5 as she began in Tokyo. But the big win over Naomi Osaka has put her back on track and today she dismantled another Top 5 seed in Elina Svitolina 6-3, 6-1 to become the first Czech woman to make t...
- Svitolina Reaches Olympics SFs, Muguruza Upset By Rybakina
- be ready for tomorrow." Due to the heat, Paula Badosa retired to Marketa Vondrousova after going down 6-3 to the Czech who upset Naomi Osaka a day earlier. “I think she was exhausted,” Vondrousova said. “It’s sad the way it ended. For me it’s good that I have some re...
- Osaka Ousted From Olympics By Vondrousova; Tokyo Women's Field Wide Open
- two good early wins, Naomi Osaka was dusted in the third round Tuesday at the Tokyo Olympics by Czech Marketa Vondrousova 6-1, 6-4 in routine fashion. “I think this is one of the biggest, for sure,” Vondrousova said of the win. “I beat Simona twice, but I think Naomi, s...
- Osaka Storms Into Tokyo Olympics Third Round; Sabalenka, Swiatek, Kvitova Upset
- favorite Naomi Osaka cruised in the third round at the Tokyo Olympics. The Japanese sensation ousted Wimbledon quarterfinalist Victorija Golubic 6-3, 6-2 to the delight of her home nation. “I put this pressure on myself to do well because I know that I don’t play tha...
- Nishikori Prevails Over Rublev In Tokyo Olympics, Tsitsipas Survives; Djokovic Back Monday
- Nishikori posted the biggest upset thus far in the men's Olympic event ousting Andrey Rublev 6-3, 6-4 in comprehensive fashion. Nishikori, who is a star in Japan, won the bronze back at 2016 Rio. "It’s been a while I’ve been playing like this,” said Nishikori. “I was...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open, June 5
- something that gives you confidence, that you can do it even when you will be 30 or 32?SAMANTHA STOSUR: Absolutely. We played the final of Osaka last year, and I think she was 1 for 9 in finals. Then the next week she won a title. Now she's won this. I had only won two titles before ...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open. June 3
- that much about that match. I know it was cold and wet and whatever. I got through it.We also played the final of the tournament in Osaka at the end of the year last year, as well. That was the last time we played. We've had a lot of matches against each other. I think we both...
- Serena Was Wrong, Ramos Was Wrong, Osaka Is The Undeniable Champion
- Serena Williams v Osaka, Who Idolizes Her, in US Open Final
- Another Serena US Open Blow-up Mars Osaka Win in Final
- Osaka Ousts Sharapova At Indian Wells; Moms Serena, Azarenka Return Today
- 11 Things I Think I Thought About Novak Djokovic, Naomi Osaka And The Australian Open
- Serena Rolls, Trips, Rolls at US Open; Keys, Osaka, Sharapova in Action Monday