Naomi Osaka - News and More
Do you like Naomi Osaka?Father is from Haiti, mother is from Japan; older sister is Mari (also plays tennis) ... Aggressive baseliner; favorite shot is forehand ... Tennis idol growing ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive power
- Barty, Bencic Power Into WTA Finals Semis; Halep v Pliskova Play For Last Spot
- Kiki Bertens had to retire down 7-5, 1-0 due to a virus. "I had some problems with my stomach," said Bertens who replaced Naomi Osaka. "The energy was not there. A little bit dizzy. Just too much to continue. "I think I gave absolutely everything this year and this week...
- Osaka Withdraws From WTA Finals Shenzhen; Kvitova, Barty Fall
- a day of surprises at the WTA Finals in Shenzhen, the biggest one was former No. 1 Naomi Osaka withdrawing from the event due to a right shoulder issue. She also was unable to finish the tournament last year. "It's not ideal. This is the second time I had to withdraw from the Fi...
- Halep Hangs On To Beat Andreescu At WTA Shenzhen Finals; Osaka v Barty Tues.
- know what's going to happen. You have to give everything each time you step on the court." Tomorrow, the Red Group returns with Naomi Osaka battling Ash Barty in a battle of the first two Slam winners of the season. Then Petra Kvitova collides with Belinda Bencic. "It's obvio...
- Barty Clinches #1, Osaka Gets First WTA Finals Win On Day 1 In Shenzhen; Andreescu v Halep Mon.
- of the first two Slams of the season were also the first two winners at the WTA Finals played in Shenzhen this week. Naomi Osaka opened the year-end event with a tough 3-set win over Petra Kvitova 7-6(1), 4-6, 6-4. Osaka, who began the year with the Australian Open title ov...
- Osaka Battles Back On Barty For First Beijing Crown
- Osaka came from a set down to deny World No. 1 Ash Barty 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 to win her first Beijing title. After a slow start, Osaka grabbed early breaks in each of the last two sets to claim her second straight title (after Osaka) and fifth of her career. "I just told myself ...
- Osaka To Face Barty For Beijing Title
- final Premier Mandatory event of the 2019 WTA season will go to either Naomi Osaka or Ash Barty. The two both reached the Beijing finals via different routes Saturday in China. Osaka had now trouble ending the run of defending champion Caroline Wozniacki 6-4, 6-2 to reach her f...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open, June 5
- something that gives you confidence, that you can do it even when you will be 30 or 32?SAMANTHA STOSUR: Absolutely. We played the final of Osaka last year, and I think she was 1 for 9 in finals. Then the next week she won a title. Now she's won this. I had only won two titles before ...
- Samantha Stosur Interview - French Open. June 3
- that much about that match. I know it was cold and wet and whatever. I got through it.We also played the final of the tournament in Osaka at the end of the year last year, as well. That was the last time we played. We've had a lot of matches against each other. I think we both...
- Serena Was Wrong, Ramos Was Wrong, Osaka Is The Undeniable Champion
- Serena Williams v Osaka, Who Idolizes Her, in US Open Final
- Another Serena US Open Blow-up Mars Osaka Win in Final
- Osaka Ousts Sharapova At Indian Wells; Moms Serena, Azarenka Return Today
- Serena Rolls, Trips, Rolls at US Open; Keys, Osaka, Sharapova in Action Monday
- Naomi Osaka Splits From Coach Sascha Bajin