In a rematch of the 2018 final, Rafael Nadal and Dominic Thiem tangle in the French Open final. Nadal is seeking his 12th career French Open title along with an 18th Grand Slam, first in a year.
Thiem is trying to back up his big win over Novak Djokovic and take down Nadal to win his first Grand Slam.
The 25-year-old Australian has four wins over the King of Clay but never in best-of-5.
Nadal is an incredible 92-2 at the French losing and he’s never lost one he makes the last four (23-0).
NO. 2 RAFAEL NADAL (ESP) v NO. 4 DOMINIC THIEM (AUT)
Head-to-head: Nadal leads 8-4
A 13th career meeting for the pair and their 5th at a Grand Slam. Nadal has won all 4 of their meetings at the Grand Slams – including winning their 3 meetings at Roland Garros in straight sets.
The pair are meeting in a Tour-level final for the 4th time. In addition to their meeting in the final here last year, they also contested the finals at both Barcelona and Madrid-1000 in 2017. Nadal has won all 3 of their previous meetings in tournament finals in straight sets. All 4 of Thiem’s victories against Nadal have come on clay – he is 2nd on the list for most clay court match-wins against Nadal, behind Djokovic, who has recorded 7 clay court match-wins against Nadal.
* NADAL is bidding to become the first player in history to win 12 singles titles at any Grand Slam event. His victory against today’s opponent in the final here in 2018 took his total of Roland Garros titles to 11, equalling Margaret Court’s record of most singles titles at the same Grand Slam tournament.
* Nadal is bidding to become the 2nd player in the Open Era to win 12 singles titles at any Tour-level event, after Martina Navratilova, who won 12 singles titles at Chicago between 1978 and 1992.
* Nadal is also bidding to further extend his record for the most men’s singles Grand Slam titles at any one event.
* THIEM is bidding to become the 150th Grand Slam men’s singles champion in history. Marin Cilic, the most recent first-time major winner, became the 149th different man to win a Grand Slam title at the 2014 US Open.
* Thiem is bidding to become the 2nd Austrian player – man or woman – in history to win a Grand Slam title. 1995 Roland Garros champion Thomas Muster is the only Austrian player to win a Grand Slam title.
* At 25 years 279 days, Thiem is bidding to become the youngest Roland Garros champion since today’s opponent (25 years 2 days) in 2011.
SUNDAY FRENCH OPEN SCHEDULE
Court Philippe CHATRIER Début à 11h30
Yingying DUAN (CHN)/Saisai ZHENG (CHN) v Timea BABOS (HUN)/Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA) 
Pas avant 15h00
Dominic THIEM (AUT) contre Rafael NADAL (ESP) 
WEATHER.COM PARIS FORECAST
Rain showers early becoming more intermittent for the afternoon. High 69F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Dominic Thiem 4.45 v Rafael Nadal 1.21
You Might Like:
2018 French Open Men’s Final Open Thread: Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem
Dominic Thiem: My Goal Is To Win The French, But Rafa Is The Huge Favorite
2019 French Open Men’s SF Open Thread: Federer v Nadal, Djokovic v Thiem
Thiem Takes Final Clay Title Of 2019 In Kitzbuhel
Dominic Thiem Expects The Big 3 And Older Players To Continue Their Domination