Daniil Medvedev Out Of Monte Carlo Due To COVID
by Staff | April 13th, 2021, 8:18 pm
  • No Comments

A positive COVID test has forced No. 2 seed Daniil Medvedev out of the Monte Carlo Masters, it was announced on Tuesday.

“It’s a big disappointment not to play in Monte-Carlo. My focus is now on recovery and I look forward to getting back out on Tour as soon and as safely as possible,” said Medvedev.

Medvedev tested positive on Monday. The tournament allowed players who have homes in Monte Carlo to stay in their residence. Medvedev was one of those players.

“I like the tournament,” Medvedev said on Sunday. “Played good once here. Can stay at home, which helps with all the bubbles and everything. Really lucky to be able to stay at home this week.”

Medvedev, who has never excelled on the clay, made the semifinals at Monte Carlo in 2019. He has also been withdrawn from doubles. Juan Ignacio Londero takes on the place of the Russian in the second round.

Medvedev was practicing over the weekend with Rafael Nadal but Rafa’s team so far has come back negative.


You Might Like:
Daniil Medvedev On French Open Moving: It’s Ridiculous, COVID Won’t Disappear In A Week!
Daniil Medvedev Goals: Win A Match In Madrid, Rome And French Open
Daniil Medvedev: I’m Not Hiding This, I Don’t Like Clay!
Benoit Paire: Playing In Monte Carlo This Year Is Like Playing In A Cemetery
Nadal Dominates In Monte Carlo Clay Debut, Dimitrov Next; Djokovic Returns Thurs.

Don't miss any tennis action, stay connected with Tennis-X

Get the FREE TX daily newsletter

Leave Your Comment [guidelines]

Top story: Nadal Rallies Past Sinner At Rome Masters; Medvedev's Clay Troubles Continue
Most Recent story: Serena, Halep, Osaka, Kenin All Exit Rome Masters; Americans Gauff, Pegula Surprise