Biographical information from ATP. Unless noted otherwise all data as of year-end 2013.
- PERSONALBorn in a cultural city of Campinas, one hour drive from Sao Paulo
- Began playing tennis at age six at Equestrian Club of Campinas with local pros and earned his first ATP ranking point in 1996 at age 15 (as a wildcard) by playing in his hometown Challenger in Campinas, losing to Gustavo Kuerten in 1st RD
- Nicknamed "Papagayo" which means parrott in English
- The nickname was given to him by his close friends because he doesn't talk much (very reserved) unlike most of his countrymen
- Younger brother Enrique is right-handed and plays at futures level
- They have played doubles together in couple of events
- Considers hard courts his favorite surface
- Coached by Carlos Albano since 2008.
Return to > Players > R > Ricardo Mello Profile (Biography) (Ricardo Mello Pictures)