Denis Shapovalov - News and More
Do you like Denis Shapovalov?Nicknamed "Shapo"... Started playing tennis at age 5... Father, Viktor, is a businessman; mother, Tessa, is a tennis coach; brother, Evgeniy... Favourite surfac ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Serve, forehand, speed, grit, mental toughness.
Weaknesses: Net game, shot selection.
- Federer, Nadal Shake Off Early Trouble At Wimbledon, Thiem Tumbles; Djokovic, Auger-Aliassime Return
- off the court healthy, I would have been happy with that.” Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic and Kei Nishikori advanced while Denis Shapovalov's struggles continued as the Canadian went down to Recardis Berankis. The new Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime returns to take on young Fr...
- Men's Preview: Djokovic, Nadal Resume Chase For Federer At Wimbledon
- Yuichi Sugita, then perhaps Nick Kyrgios (who could very well lose to Jordan Thompson in the first round), followed by JW Tsonga or Denis Shapovalov with Marin Cilic or Dominic Thiem in the quarters. If Kyrgios plays his game, he could certainly give Nadal problems (again), but he's got ...
- Wimbledon Seedings: Djokovic, Barty Top Seeds; Federer Bumped Over Nadal
- Wimbledon seedings were released today. As custom, the men's seedings were based of a formula while the committee followed the WTA rankings for the women's seedings. About the only consternation was Roger Federer bump to No. 2 over World No. 2 Rafael Nadal. Federer won Halle this pa...
- Juan Martin del Potro To Undergo Knee Surgery
- slipping and falling yesterday during his win over Denis Shapovalov at Queen's, Juan Martin del Potro has announced that he will undergo surgery on his right knee. That's the same right knee he fractured last last year in Shanghai, and effectively ends any hope for Wimbledon and ...
- Del Potro Withdraws From Queen's After Knee Injury; Murray Makes Return Thurs.
- a win today over Denis Shapovalov, Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from the Queen's tournament due to a right knee issue. Del Potro sustained the injury tumbling on the grass during the win over the Canadian earlier today. But pain and swelling, the Argentine opted to pull...
- Murray In Queen's Doubles; Tsitsipas, Del Potro, Wawrinka In Singles
- del Potro and Canadians Milos Raonic and Felix Auger-Aliassime. Among the many excellent first round matches, del Potro faces Denis Shapovalov, Cilic collides with Christian Garin, Augur-Aliassime gets Grigor Dimitrivo and Tsitsipas takes on Brit hope Kyle Edmund. Projected quar...
- Zverev Shocked, Shapovalov Upset Run Continues at US Open; Federer, Nadal Return Thurs.
- Roger Federer Wins 3 ATP Awards, Denis Shapovalov Takes 2
- Zverev Ends Shapovalov's Dream Canadian Open, Will Meet Federer in Sunday Final
- Federer Reigns, But Canadian Wildcard Shapovalov Looms at ATP Montreal
- Nadal, Del Potro Dominate At French Open, Shapovalov Upset; Monfils v Goffin Fri.
- Laver Cup Opens Play Friday With Zverev v Shapovalov; Nadal In Doubles