- Location: Beijing, China
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Saturday, September 27
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $2,500,470 Women's -- $5,575,381
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Alfred Zhang Jun Hui
- Official Website: www.chinaopen.com.cn/
- TV Schedule / Beijing Live Streaming
Do you like Beijing?
|Former Men's Beijing Tennis Champions:
2009 Novak Djokovic
2008 Andy Roddick
2007 Fernando Gonzalez
2006 Marcos Baghdatis
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Marat Safin
1997 Jim Courier
1996 Greg Rusedski
1995 Michael Chang
1994 Michael Chang
1993 Michael Chang
The latest Beijing tournament news:
- Novak Djokovic Withdraws From Beijing China Open With Elbow Injury
- Six-time champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's China Open in Beijing due to an elbow injury, the tournament announced today.
"I am extremely disappointed not to be able to compete at the China Open this year...
- Novak Djokovic And Rafael Nadal Played Football Tennis During An Exo Match Thursday [Video]
Here are some highlights.
Djokovic and Nadal will be back on the tour for real in Beijing starting October 3. ...
- Serena Williams Withdraws From WTA Asian Swing, Will She Play Again In 2016?
- ht year, Serena Williams will miss the WTA Asian swing after withdrawing from next week's Wuhan event and the Beijing tournament in October due to a right shoulder injury.
"I am disappointed that I will not be able to compet...
- Andy Murray: I Need A Break And I Need It Now
- [here] I handled it OK."
Murray, though, won't have much time off before getting back on the court for the Beijing Open which begins two weeks from today on October 3. The 29-year-old is scheduled to play Shanghai the week a...
- 10 Things I Think I Thought About Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic And The US Open
- ederer and Nadal made the Wimbledon final (greatest match ever?) then played Canada, Cincinnati, then flew to Beijing to win gold medals and returned to the U.S. and Federer went on to win the US Open.
Didn't Kerber play mo...
- Kerber Punches the Clock Tues., Now Serena's Turn Wed. in Race for No. 1 at US Open
- er run."
The Woz trails Kerber 5-7 in their career meetings, and Kerber won their most recent encounter in Beijing last year.
Kerber and Wozniacki play similar games, but the power edge goes to Kerber.
"Caroline is alw...
- Rafael Nadal And Marc Lopez Win Doubles Gold At The Rio Olympics
- ll the things we've done together, I am the happiest man on Earth."
Nadal now matches Roger Federer's 2008 Beijing gold in doubles (but of course Rafa also has singles gold!). And he can still win more this weekend in single...
- Murray, Del Potro Author Comebacks At Rio Olympics; Nadal Says No To Mixed, Stays Perfect In Singles
- on this surface. He's very fast from the baseline so I think it's going to be an interesting match."
2008 Beijing gold medalist Rafael Nadal advanced into the quarterfinals beating France's Gilles Simon 7-6(5), 6-3. The two...