- Location: Miami, U.S.A.
- Schedule: Wednesday, March 19 - Sunday, March 30
- Begins on: Men's --Wednesday, March 19 Women's -- Tuesday, March 18
- Draw Size: S-96 D-32
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $4,720,380 Women's -- $5,575,381
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Adam Barrett
- Official Website: www.sonyopentennis.com/
- TV Schedule / Miami Live Streaming
- Miami Tickets
- About: The tour shifts coasts from the California desert to the beautiful beaches of South Florida for the 2013 Sony Open Miami. This year's field is once again star-loaded with the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, plus Maria Sharapova, two-time defending champion Novak Djokovic along with Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal
Do you like Miami?
|Former Men's Miami Tennis Champions:
2012 Novak Djokovic
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Andy Roddick
2009 Andy Murray
2008 Nikolay Davydenko
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Roger Federer
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andre Agassi
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2000 Pete Sampras
1999 Richard Krajicek
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Thomas Muster
1996 Andre Agassi
1995 Andre Agassi
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Michael Chang
1991 Jim Courier
1990 Andre Agassi
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Mats Wilander
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Tim Mayotte
The latest Miami tournament news:
- Konta Keeps Winning, Beats Bertens To Reach Rome Final, Pliskova Awaits
- ed to be in the final here," Konta said after the 2-hour, 47-minute win. "It's my second biggest final behind Miami. That's a big achievement in my career so far. I'm definitely very conscious and appreciative of this opportu...
- Among The Reasons Roger Federer Chose To Play Rome Was The Weather!
- he mood to play. Would I rather practice or play matches? I've just come from practicing for five weeks after Miami. I think I was playing well in Madrid, so I just said, again, Let's come to Rome, a city I like so much as we...
- Ahead Of Clash With Venus, Serena Williams Withdraws From Rome
- bbled in defeat to Karolina Pliskova.
Serena then retired at Indian Wells due to a virus and withdrew from Miami after her opening match with the left knee.
Serena will not be a Top 8 seed at the French where she withdr...
- Djokovic Back On Top After Madrid Title Over Tsitsipas
- n I wasn't playing my best, I wasn't finding the right game and the consistency on the court in Indian Wells, Miami and Monte Carlo,” Djokovic said. “I felt like I was close and needed a little bit of a push, so to say.
- WTA Rome Preview: Serena Returns With 9 Of Top 10, Could Face Venus In 2R
- tephens, 10 Serena, 15 Wang
Floaters: Venus, Vondousova, Mertens, Konta
In her first event since a Miami loss Qiang Wang, Serena will open against a qualifier/lucky loser, then either sister Venus or Elise Mertens ...
- Osaka, Kvitova, Halep Wednesday Winners In Madrid
- a said.
“I was really prepared for the opponent that I knew pretty well. Caroline, I’ve played her in Miami. She’s always tough - if I’m not playing well, then it’s really tough.”
Kvitova, who is now 7-0 on...
- Osaka, Halep Advance In Madrid, Pliskovas Out
- " Garcia said. "She won last year her and so the conditions are very good for her. The last time we played in Miami, and I lost, but this will be our first match on clay. I'm always very excited to play top players; I will ha...
- Milos Raonic Pulls Out Of French Warm-Ups, Will He Play In Paris?
- awn from next month's Madrid and Rome Masters events with a knee issue.
Raonic, who hasn't played since a Miami loss to Kyle Edmund, missed the French Open last year also due to his right knee.
The 28-year-old is ranke...