Miami Tennis - 2014 Sony Open Tennis
- Location: Miami, U.S.A.
- Schedule: Wednesday, March 19 - Sunday, March 30
- Begins on: Men's --Wednesday, March 19 Women's -- Tuesday, March 18
- Draw Size: S-96 D-32
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $4,720,380 Women's -- $5,575,381
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Adam Barrett
- Official Website: www.sonyopentennis.com/
- TV Schedule / Miami Live Streaming
- Miami Tickets
- About: The tour shifts coasts from the California desert to the beautiful beaches of South Florida for the 2013 Sony Open Miami. This year's field is once again star-loaded with the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, plus Maria Sharapova, two-time defending champion Novak Djokovic along with Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal
Do you like Miami?
|Former Men's Miami Tennis Champions:
2012 Novak Djokovic
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Andy Roddick
2009 Andy Murray
2008 Nikolay Davydenko
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Roger Federer
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andre Agassi
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2000 Pete Sampras
1999 Richard Krajicek
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Thomas Muster
1996 Andre Agassi
1995 Andre Agassi
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Michael Chang
1991 Jim Courier
1990 Andre Agassi
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Mats Wilander
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Tim Mayotte
The latest Miami tournament news:
- Serena Williams Got Bageled For Just The Seventh Time In Her Career [Chart]
75 16 06
06 03 ret
06 75 63
06 34 ret
- Roger Federer Wins 8th Different Masters 1000 Title, Ties Djokovic, Moves Ahead Of Nadal
- e Monte Carlo and Rome. Djokovic is missing only Cincinnati from the current calendar while Nadal is short of Miami, Shanghai and the Paris Indoors.
Most Different ATP Masters 1000 Titles
8 Roger Federer (23): Hamburg '02...
- Rafael Nadal: My Thought Is To Keep Playing With Appendicitis, Then Have Surgery After London
- said. "I don't want to come back, to have the same thing when I am in Australia, when I am in Indian Wells or Miami or when I am in Roland Garros. So I going to do it before the end of the year."
Nadal will return to Spain...
- Roger Federer's Career 0-2 Comebacks [Chart]
- 4-6, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5, 3-4, retired
2001 French Open R64 -- def. Sargis Sargsian, 4-6, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4, 9-7
2005 Miami Masters F -- def. Rafael Nadal, 2-6, 6-7 (4), 7-6 (5), 6-3, 6-1
2009 Australian Open R16 -- def. Tomas Berdy...
- Milos Raonic's Arm Sleeve Is On The List Of Things Serena Williams Wants
- ugust 31, 2014
On Saturday, Raonic talked about the compression arm sleeve which he first began using in Miami to prevent rashes from the heat.
"The sleeve started in Miami," Roanic said. "I actually needed it at that...
- A Hip Injury Has Forced Bernard Tomic To Withdraw From The US Open
- ecialist, so I get their ideas and I'll decide what's the best idea.
Q. Where would you go? Go to Florida? Miami? Monte Carlo? Back to Australia?
BERNARD TOMIC: I don't know yet. I have to decide now in the next, you kn...
- Andy Murray Says His Poop Is Proper, So He's Not Sure Why His Body Broke Down Today
- oday," Murray said of the cramps. "I need to just try and find out what went wrong, because the conditions in Miami were significantly hotter and more humid than it was out there today.
"It was hot today, for sure, but I ...
- Andy Murray Says He's Finally Able To Train Like He Used To
- as coming up against the better players, I was just lacking a little bit. But after Wimbledon, I went over to Miami and I really trained like I used to for the first time since the surgery and I felt much better."