Miami Tennis - 2014 Sony Open Tennis
- Location: Miami, U.S.A.
- Schedule: Wednesday, March 19 - Sunday, March 30
- Begins on: Men's --Wednesday, March 19 Women's -- Tuesday, March 18
- Draw Size: S-96 D-32
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $4,720,380 Women's -- $5,575,381
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Adam Barrett
- Official Website: www.sonyopentennis.com/
- TV Schedule / Miami Live Streaming
- Miami Tickets
- About: The tour shifts coasts from the California desert to the beautiful beaches of South Florida for the 2013 Sony Open Miami. This year's field is once again star-loaded with the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, plus Maria Sharapova, two-time defending champion Novak Djokovic along with Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal
Do you like Miami?
|Former Men's Miami Tennis Champions:
2012 Novak Djokovic
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Andy Roddick
2009 Andy Murray
2008 Nikolay Davydenko
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Roger Federer
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andre Agassi
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2000 Pete Sampras
1999 Richard Krajicek
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Thomas Muster
1996 Andre Agassi
1995 Andre Agassi
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Michael Chang
1991 Jim Courier
1990 Andre Agassi
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Mats Wilander
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Tim Mayotte
The latest Miami tournament news:
- Andy Roddick: For The First Time In A While There's Some Excitement About The Future Of American Tennis
- s, how things went in Indian Wells," said Fish when asked about a full comeback to singles. "I wanted to play Miami. Still sort of fighting the battle of the anxiety disorder, trying to get a firm grip on how I feel after mat...
- Sadly Juan Martin Del Potro Will Have A Third Surgery On His Left Wrist [Video]
- I want to do is to fight for what I love and that is to play tennis."
Del Potro admitted that he played in Miami with pain, and now doesn't practice or train.
"The whole situation made me realize it wasn't wise to go on...
- Is Novak Djokovic A Better Player Now Than He Was In 2011?
- ikori to win Rome. He also hammered Nadal in Monte Carlo and took out Murray twice in Finals at Australia and Miami.
But in 2011, he beat Nadal not once, but FOUR times before Paris! Straight sets twice on clay and twice o...
- Djokovic Beats Federer for Rome Title Heading Into Roland Garros
- he Masters 1000 level. He has won all the major events this year including the Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo and now Rome. The goal remains the French Open.
“It gives me a great deal of satisfaction t...
- Sharapova Back To No. 2, Plays Surprising Suarez Navarro In Rome Final
- ed control taking out Cinderella qualifier Daria Gavrilova 7-5, 6-3. The young Gavrilova who stunned Maria in Miami and was playing in her first WTA semifinal, once again had her on the defense early on, but experience won ou...
- Juan Martin Del Potro Unlikely To Play French Open, Could A Third Wrist Surgery Be Ahead?
- table, so a second surgery was performed after Australia. But it still didn't feel right when he came back in Miami, his last event.
The report via La Nacion says that the 26-year-old will travel to Spain for more consulta...
- Azarenka Eliminates Wozniacki From Rome; Bouchard Gets A Rare Win; Venus v Halep Thursday
- French Open champion Ana Ivanovic fell in a third set breaker to Daria Gavrilova who beat Maria Sharapova in Miami. And American Cristina McHale stunned Italian star and 2014 Rome finalist Sara Errani 6-4, 6-4. Mchale now ge...
- Nadal's Stunning Collapse, Kvitova Title Highlight Madrid Finals
- to No. 7. The Scot is 2-2 in finals [CORRECTED] for 2015 after runner-up efforts at the Australian Open and Miami, both losses to world No. 1 Novak Djokovic.
Both Murray and Nadal will be among the elite competing in Rom...