Miami Tennis - 2014 Sony Open Tennis
- Location: Miami, U.S.A.
- Schedule: Wednesday, March 19 - Sunday, March 30
- Begins on: Men's --Wednesday, March 19 Women's -- Tuesday, March 18
- Draw Size: S-96 D-32
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $4,720,380 Women's -- $5,575,381
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Adam Barrett
- Official Website: www.sonyopentennis.com/
- TV Schedule / Miami Live Streaming
- Miami Tickets
- About: The tour shifts coasts from the California desert to the beautiful beaches of South Florida for the 2013 Sony Open Miami. This year's field is once again star-loaded with the Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, plus Maria Sharapova, two-time defending champion Novak Djokovic along with Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal
Do you like Miami?
|Former Men's Miami Tennis Champions:
2012 Novak Djokovic
2011 Novak Djokovic
2010 Andy Roddick
2009 Andy Murray
2008 Nikolay Davydenko
2007 Novak Djokovic
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Roger Federer
2004 Andy Roddick
2003 Andre Agassi
2002 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2000 Pete Sampras
1999 Richard Krajicek
1998 Marcelo Rios
1997 Thomas Muster
1996 Andre Agassi
1995 Andre Agassi
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Michael Chang
1991 Jim Courier
1990 Andre Agassi
1989 Ivan Lendl
1988 Mats Wilander
1987 Miloslav Mecir (Sr.)
1986 Ivan Lendl
1985 Tim Mayotte
The latest Miami tournament news:
- Verdasco Stunned By 17-Year-Old Rublev In Barcelona; Nadal Seeks Revenge On Almagro
- Just a month after beating Rafael Nadal in Miami, Fernando Verdasco was stunned today in Barcelona by 17-year-old qualifier Andrey Rublev 7-6(4), 6-3 in the opening round. It was the young Russian's biggest career win, and fi...
- Dominant Djokovic Bashes Berdych for Monte Carlo Crown
- the first player in ATP history to win the first three Masters events in a season following Indian Wells and Miami.
"The fact that now I won (the first) three Masters 1000 in a row and nobody ever has done that, of course...
- Rafael Nadal: I'm Not Far From My Best Level, It Was A Positive Week
- need to make happen.
But in general, from where I came one week ago, two weeks ago, after what happened in Miami, I go to the next tournament with the feeling that I make a big improvement in my game, in my mental part.
- Fed Cup: Hingis Returns To Singles Joining Serena, Radwanska And Kvitova In Action This Weekend
- ch Republic where Petra Kvitova returns to play. The 2-time Wimbledon champion withdrew from Indian Wells and Miami due to exhaustion, but it ready to go for her defending champion home country.
"I’m feeling better than ...
- Rafael Nadal v Novak Djokovic It Is In The Monte Carlo SFs, Who's The Pick?
- e Carlo SF. "My preparation is really good. I've done as much as I could, playing on the clay right after the Miami, which is a good sign for me. I'm able to execute it in the matches."
Under new coach Dani Vallverdu, Berd...
- Rafael Nadal Says He Changed Racquets So He Could Get Even More Spin On The Ball!
- ore the season start. So now the racquets are ready. I practiced with them in Mallorca since I came back from Miami.
"Is a little bit of change. I really didn't change the racquet since very, very long time ago, since I d...
- 8-Time Monte Carlo Champion Rafael Nadal Says He's Not The Favorite To Win Anything
- feel well on court again, feel confident, feel I am improving," Rafa said. "I was improving every week before Miami, and in Miami I played bad… If I’m able to find the confidence, to find the tennis here on clay, then it ...
- Roger Federer: I've Done The Right Things To Prepare For This Clay Season
- title and an Indian Wells final.
"I'm feeling good about my game and my fitness," said Federer who skipped Miami. "It's been good to work on that for the last few weeks. I came here early on Thursday to practise on Centre ...