|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Wawrinka v Zverev in St. Petersburg Final; Thiem Faces Pouille For Metz Title
- to 21-1 in deciding sets on the season.
Pouille beat Thiem in their only meeting last year on the clay in Monte Carlo.
The women's final in Tokyo features former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki against 18-year-old Noami Osaka.
- Novak Djokovic Receives US Open Walkover When Jiri Vesely Withdraws
- inner on Friday. And the 23-year-old Vesely beat Djokovic in their only meeting earlier this year in April at Monte Carlo.
Djokovic has been battling a left wrist and an arm injury, for which he received treatment Monday night. ...
- Murray Dominates Rosol At US Open, Karlovic Sets Ace Record; Djokovic, Nadal Return Wednesday
On Wednesday, second round play begins with Novak Djokovic getting a rematch with the man who beat him in Monte Carlo, Jiri Vesely. Djokovic is fighting an assortment of injuries these days, among other things!
Rafael Nadal ...
- Zverev Takes Down Fritz In D.C. Teen Tussle, Isner, Monfils Advance; Thiem Upset By Melzer In Kitzbuhel
- ue to a left shoulder injury, was his first over a Top 10 player in five years since beating Roger Federer at Monte Carlo in 2011.
"As a sportsman, you need to believe in your chances to win. Today this chance was very little, b...
- Andy Murray v Milos Raonic In The Queen's Lendl-McEnroe Bowl, Who's The Pick?
- four including two this year memorably in five sets at the Australian Open and a blowout 6-2, 6-0 victory at Monte Carlo. In both losses Raonic was dealing with injuries. This time he won't be.
"For me it's going to be about tr...
- My Early French Open Favorites: Novak Djokovic And Andy Murray Are The Guys To Beat
- muddy conditions, he can mentally keep it together over two weeks.
8. Gael Monfils
Fell apart after that Monte Carlo run, but usually plays his best Grand Slam tennis in Paris. And could benefit in the rain.
9. David Goffin...
- What Is Wrong With Novak Djokovic?
- eak of his powers, with few true rivals, he looked absolutely unstoppable and invincible.
An early loss in Monte Carlo to Jiri Vesely, wasn't great cause for concern. After all, he had just swept Indian Wells and Miami, so he wa...
- Andy Murray Pushes, But Not Hard Enough as Dominant Novak Djokovic Wins Madrid
- at the right time," Djokovic said. "I had an amazing opening four months of the season. Then an early exit in Monte Carlo, but it happened for a reason, because I needed some time to really recharge my batteries. Three weeks was mo...