|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Rafa Wins, But In for Wet Monday?; Djokovic, Federer on Saturday at Wimbledon
- s. I'm pleased to get off in four."
The world No. 1 and Paire have met only one time, last year on clay at Monte Carlo where Murray needed to come from a set down for victory. That was clay, you say. Well, take a close look at t...
- La Decimated: Rafael Nadal Pounds Stan Warwinka For 10th French Open Title
- One Rafael Nadal won Monte Carlo in April, it seemed like a foregone conclusion a 10th French Open would be just two months away. On a warm Sunday in Paris, just perfect for the Spaniard, Nadal played near perfect tennis trouncing ...
- Murray's Misery Mounts, Falls To Fognini In Rome; Nadal Wednesday
- like after Barcelona I would start to play better, and the last two weeks have certainly not been as good as Monte Carlo and Barcelona. Even the match I lost in Monte Carlo, I did actually feel like I played some good tennis,” M...
- Nadal Stays Perfect During Claycourt Season, Beating Thiem in ATP Madrid Final
- ters 1000 title, tying Novak Djokovic for the all-time lead. His claycourt haul thus far this season includes Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Madrid, losing only two sets in the process.
"This is a very emotional period of the season...
- Nadal Dominates Djokovic To Reach Madrid Final Against Thiem
- off the ground and even, at times, with his serve to earn his first Top 3 win since beating Andy Murray to in Monte Carlo last year.
Nadal broke Djokovic early in both sets, and fought off a late push from the Serb to clinch the...
- Nadal, Djokovic Get Into Gear In Madrid; Murray's Slump Continues; QF Picks And Pans
- t all today.”
Thus far in the four biggest events he's played this year - Australian Open, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo and Madrid - he has just FIVE wins.
Maybe Murray is burning out a little after his run to No. 1, but, like...
- An Ear Infection Prevented Rafael Nadal From Playing Tuesday In Madrid
- probably going to be much better play Wednesday."
Nadal comes into the event off of back-to-back titles in Monte Carlo and Barcelona.
"I'm very happy because of the start of the year, not only because of the start of the clay...
- All Hands On Deck as Murray, Djokovic Headline ATP Madrid; Preview
- t Sauce" Verdasco
Breakdown: Wawrinka hasn't gotten past the round of 16 in his last two events, including Monte Carlo, and heads this quarter with Cilic...Sock and Berdych are the other two seeds...Tough starts for (3) Wawrinka...