|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Roger Federer Will Play Madrid
- welcoming him with open arms."
In his return from knee surgery, Federer fell to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the Monte Carlo quarterfinals two weeks ago.
Federer is a 3-time Madrid champion winning in 2006 when it was indoors, 2009...
- Roger Federer: Nadal Is The Player Beat At The French Open, Novak Has Never Won There
- u journalists were upset, but we players of course were not. A guy who won nine times in Paris, nine times in Monte Carlo, who was world number one for much time does not lose his qualities."
"Maybe we have come to expect to him...
- Rafael Nadal Now Ranks No. 2 In The 2016 ATP Points Race
- Thanks to a perfect April during which he won back-to-back titles at Monte Carlo and Barcelona, Rafael Nadal has seen his 2016 ATP points race ranking rise from No. 14 to No. 2 this week!
Now "just" 2,050 points behind leader No...
- Watch Rafael Nadal Jump In The Pool After Winning Barcelona... He Didn't Take His Socks Off! [Video]
- e former No. 1 has resurrected his game and maybe his career this month winning 10 straight matches including Monte Carlo and Barcelona. He now has nine titles at EACH event.
Nadal also ties Guillermo Vilas for the Open Era lead...
- Resurgent Rafael Nadal Wins Barcelona, Ties Guillermo Vilas' All-Time Clay Mark
- on clay behind him.
The Spaniard won his second title of the year, and second in a row after the Masters Monte Carlo, defeating two-time defending champion Kei Nishikori 6-4, 7-5 in the final of the Barcelona Open BancSabadell...
- Rafael Nadal Meets Kei Nishikori In Blockbuster Barcelona Final, Who's The Pick?
- eason, Nadal has picked up his game just as the tour turned to the European red clay. Imagine that!
He won Monte Carlo and is now backing up it impressively this week in Barcelona. The field isn't anywhere near as strong as Mona...
- Rafael Nadal Faces Fabio Fognini Friday In Barcelona; Kei Nishikori Win Streak At 12
- it was up and down against him." said Nadal.
Nadal just won his first Masters title in almost two years in Monte Carlo on Sunday. He is also seeking a ninth Barcelona title this week.
Also, 2-time defending champion Kei Nishi...
- Rafael Nadal Opens Bid For A Ninth Barcelona Title Wednesday
- Reenergized from a Monte Carlo title - his biggest in almost two years - Rafael Nadal returns to his home country Wednesday seeking a ninth title in Barcelona.
Nadal opens play against countryman Marcel Granollers who he leads 3...