Monte Carlo Tennis - 2014 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
Do you like Monte Carlo?
|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- French Open Men's Preview: Djokovic Staring At Nadal, Murray Then Federer For Career Slam, Can He Do It?
- and the confidence while Nadal just isn't himself right now. That said, I don't think it will a rollover like Monte Carlo.
"I would love to arrive at that match," said Nadal. "I don't see an easy way to get there. That's a quart...
- Is Novak Djokovic A Better Player Now Than He Was In 2011?
- ot a ton of great wins. Recently beating Federer, Ferrer and Nishikori to win Rome. He also hammered Nadal in Monte Carlo and took out Murray twice in Finals at Australia and Miami.
But in 2011, he beat Nadal not once, but FOUR ...
- Poll: Roger Federer Says Rafael Nadal Is His Favorite To Win The French Open, Who Is Yours?
- The lead-up is over and after Monte Carlo and Rome titles, Novak Djokovic is the big winner on the clay thus far. But does that make him the favorite to finally win his first French Open? The oddsmakers say so, but not Roger Federe...
- Djokovic Beats Federer for Rome Title Heading Into Roland Garros
- ers 1000 level. He has won all the major events this year including the Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo and now Rome. The goal remains the French Open.
“It gives me a great deal of satisfaction the fact that ...
- Federer Seeks First Rome Title Sunday v Djokovic; Who's The Pick?
- sed my game. I was really rock solid.”
Wawrinka had beaten Federer twice on clay before including at the Monte Carlo final last year, but had nothing for Federer after the early lead. And I mean nothing.
"Today was not a gr...
- The Fall Of Rafael Nadal Continues; Federer, Djokovic Rome Final In Play
- nd little hope that he'll turn things around. Not after this recent run.
Nadal's final pre-French leadup:
Monte Carlo SF (Djokovic)
Barcelona 2nd RD (Fognini)
Madrid F (Murray)
Rome QF (Wawrinka)
All losses in straight se...
- Does Novak Djokovic Have An Arm Injury?
- After a dominant start to the clay season with his Monte Carlo title, Novak Djokovic has looked more human this week in Rome, dropping sets in wins over Nicolas Almagro and yesterday against Tomaz Bellucci. But there may be more to...
- Federer, Murray Impress In Rome Debuts; Nadal v Isner Thursday
- and to try to create opportunities on his serve."
Rafa leads Isner 5-0 including a 3-set win last month in Monte Carlo. I think Nadal will get through again. Isner, though, has lost serve since that Nadal match!