|Former Men's Monte Carlo Tennis Champions:
2009 Rafael Nadal
2008 Rafael Nadal
2007 Rafael Nadal
2006 Rafael Nadal
2005 Rafael Nadal
2004 Guillermo Coria
2003 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2002 Juan Carlos Ferrero
2001 Gustavo Kuerten
2000 Cedric Pioline
1999 Gustavo Kuerten
1998 Carlos Moya
1997 Marcelo Rios
1996 Thomas Muster
1995 Thomas Muster
1994 Andrei Medvedev
1993 Sergi Bruguera
1992 Thomas Muster
1991 Sergi Bruguera
1990 Andrei Chesnokov
1989 Alberto Mancini
1988 Ivan Lendl
1987 Mats Wilander
1986 Joakim Nystrom
1985 Ivan Lendl
1984 Henrik Sundstrom
1983 Mats Wilander
1982 Guillermo Vilas
1980 Bjorn Borg
1979 Bjorn Borg
1978 Raul Ramirez
1977 Bjorn Borg
1976 Guillermo Vilas
1975 Manuel Orantes
1974 Andrew Pattison
1973 Ilie Nastase
1972 Ilie Nastase
1971 Ilie Nastase
1970 Zeljko Franulovic
1969 Tom Okker
1968 Nicola Pietrangeli
The latest Monte Carlo tournament news:
- Zverev Takes Down Fritz In D.C. Teen Tussle, Isner, Monfils Advance; Thiem Upset By Melzer In Kitzbuhel
- ue to a left shoulder injury, was his first over a Top 10 player in five years since beating Roger Federer at Monte Carlo in 2011.
"As a sportsman, you need to believe in your chances to win. Today this chance was very little, b...
- Andy Murray v Milos Raonic In The Queen's Lendl-McEnroe Bowl, Who's The Pick?
- four including two this year memorably in five sets at the Australian Open and a blowout 6-2, 6-0 victory at Monte Carlo. In both losses Raonic was dealing with injuries. This time he won't be.
"For me it's going to be about tr...
- My Early French Open Favorites: Novak Djokovic And Andy Murray Are The Guys To Beat
- muddy conditions, he can mentally keep it together over two weeks.
8. Gael Monfils
Fell apart after that Monte Carlo run, but usually plays his best Grand Slam tennis in Paris. And could benefit in the rain.
9. David Goffin...
- What Is Wrong With Novak Djokovic?
- eak of his powers, with few true rivals, he looked absolutely unstoppable and invincible.
An early loss in Monte Carlo to Jiri Vesely, wasn't great cause for concern. After all, he had just swept Indian Wells and Miami, so he wa...
- Andy Murray Pushes, But Not Hard Enough as Dominant Novak Djokovic Wins Madrid
- at the right time," Djokovic said. "I had an amazing opening four months of the season. Then an early exit in Monte Carlo, but it happened for a reason, because I needed some time to really recharge my batteries. Three weeks was mo...
- Djokovic, Nadal Lead Blockbuster Saturday Semis at Madrid
- ry well here. That's a great level that he's playing."
Nadal is on a 13-match winning streak after winning Monte Carlo and Barcelona. He is looking to win an Open Era record 50th claycourt title and a fifth Madrid crown.
- Novak Djokovic Tabs Rafael Nadal As The Player To Beat On Clay
- nd that man is Rafael Nadal who enters Madrid on a blazing hot 10-match win streak after titles last month in Monte Carlo and Barcelona.
"I think Rafa is everybody's main rival on clay courts because of his history on this surfa...
- Novak Djokovic Says He's Already Forgotten About Losing In Monte Carlo
- Would you believe Novak Djokovic has already forgotten about his stunning loss to Jiri Vesely in Monte Carlo last month? According to Djokovic, he has.
"I honestly completely forgot about that match," Djokovic said. "There was n...