Reports emerged early this morning suggesting that Rafael Nadal had fractured his left during his match with Juan Martin Del Potro at Wimbledon last week.
Stories said the injury, which Nadal apparently played with through the weekend subsequently losing to Novak Djokovic in a four-set final Sunday, would sideline the Spanish star for up to six weeks.
However, earlier today via twitter, Nadal’s chief PR man Benito Perez-Barbadillo said Nadal is fine and any stories citing a Nadal having a fractured left foot are erroneous.
“Just to be clear: Rafa doesn’t have a fracture and he won’t be off 6 weeks. holidays & July 16th will play a golf tournament in Mallorca”, Perez-Barbadillo tweeted.
Benito also tweeted that Nadal would resume practice for the hardcourt season on July 17 before his first tournament on August 8 in Montreal and then Cincinnati.
The now-No. 2 ranked Rafa will defend his US Open title starting August 30. Nadal has won three titles this season but has lost five finals to Djokovic.
You Might Like:
Petra Kvitova Undergoes 3-Hour, 45-Minute Surgery To Repair Left Hand, Will Be Out Indefinitely
Elder Zverev Serves-and-Volleys to 1st Career Title at ATP Eastbourne
Roger Federer: The One Thing I Would Change At The US Open Is The Final Weekend Schedule
Serena Williams to Undergo Foot Surgery, Will Miss Summer Hardcourts, OK for US Open