Arantxa Rus - News and More
Do you like Arantxa Rus?Coached by Hugo Ekker; also works with Dutch Tennis Federation ... Parents are Lous and Judith; sister is Kim ... Began playing at age 5 when sister took her t ... Read Full Bio
- ATP Won't Strip Ranking Points From UK Tournaments; Greenlights Future Bans
- from the two UK events next month. The LTA has instructed ATP (and WTA and challengers) events in Queen's and Eastbourne to bar any Russian and Belarussian players from competing. The decision was met with outrage from the player base. “This season’s ATP Tour events i...
- Daniil Medvedev Calls UK/Wimbledon Russian Ban Is Unfair
- for the first time on the UK/Wimbledon ban on Russian and Belarussian players, Daniil Medvedev said the policy was "unfair". “On the one hand, I can understand it and, on the other, I find it unfair," Medvedev told TASS. “This is a delicate situation because it se...
- Swiatek Pulls Away From Andreescu, Takes 26-Match Win Streak Against Sabalenka At Rome Masters
- Swiatek had a tough opening set, then pulled away from fellow Grand Slam winner Bianca Andreescu 7-6(2), 6-0 in the Rome Masters quarterfinals. Swiatek's streak is the fifth longest in history, according to the WTA. She's also won 38 of her last 39 sets. "I'm pretty happy ...
- Swiatek Streaks Continues At Rome Masters, Andreescu Friday; Badosa Upset
- Swiatek continued on her run improving her win streak to 25 Thursday at the Rome Masters upended former finalist Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 6-1. It was a close 30 minutes or so before the defending champion pulled away from a double break down in the first set. "I didn't start...
- Swiatek Wins 24th Straight In Rome Opener, Collins Thurs;
- Swiatek kept her streak rolling dominating Elena-Gabriela Ruse, 6-3, 6-0 in the second round at the Rome Masters. The World No. 1 who skipped Madrid broke seven times in the easy win. "I'm pretty proud I could get into the rhythm today, just take some lessons during the ma...
- Andreescu Gets Retirement From Raducanu At Rome Masters, Jabeur Wins; Swiatek Returns Tomorrow
- last five matches. Tomorrow, world No. 1 Iga Swiatek returns after missing Madrid. She'll open her title defense against Elena Gabriela Ruse. She's won her last 23 matches. "I just had like five or six days off without the racquet, which was pretty nice," said Swiatek of her ...
- Kvitova Shocks Azarenka for WTA Madrid Crown
- 16-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova defeated No. 3 Victoria Azarenka 7-6(3), 6-3 to win the Mutua Madrid Open on Sunday, her fourth career WTA crown and third of 2011 after Brisbane and the Paris-indoors. "We know each other so it was going to be tough to find the key, but I t...
- Rafael Nadal Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- Nadal InterviewSony Ericsson Open - MiamiApril 1, 2011 R. NADAL/R. Federer 6 3, 6 2 THE MODERATOR: Questions, please. Q. Well played, Rafa. Even if he had taken that breakpoint at the start of the second set, did you still feel that you were in control of this ...
- Oudin the Russian Killer; American Men Out at US Open
- Ouch: Rafael Nadal Will Not Play The Australian Open Due To Stomach Virus And Lack Of Match Practice
- Nadal Leads Spain Against U.S. in Davis Cup; Del Potro, Argentina Host Russia
- Novak Djokovic Crushes Andy Murray In Shanghai; Rafael Nadal Sent Off By Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Federer Faces Russian Challenge in Andreev Today at US Open
- Federer Crushes Nadal, Clinches SF; Murray Withdraws From ATP Finals