Gilles Simon - News and More
Do you like Gilles Simon?Began playing tennis at age six...Nickname is "Gilou"...As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in o ... Read Full Bio
- Halep Returns To Play In Prague
- dealing with anxiety about playing Palermo, Simona Halep is in town for the WTA clay event in Prague this week. Though entered, Halep has yet to commit to playing the US Open in three weeks or Cincinnati. But the fact she's in Prague signals her interest in playing, and incre...
- Serena, Andreescu, Halep Headline Loaded US Open Women's Field
- Kerber. And of course six-time winner Serena Williams who resumes her quest for a 24th Slam. With Barty out, the top seed right now is Simona Halep. But the Romanian has expressed reservations about making the trip. Karolina Pliskova will be No. 2, Australian Open champion Sof...
- WTA Palermo Re-Opens Pro Tennis Tour With All-European Field
- for the WTA event in Palermo. The 130th-ranked Viktoriya Tomova did test positive for the virus and several players withdrew including Simona Halep, but field in Italy showcases seven players in the Top 25 including former French Open standouts and top two seeds Petra Martic and ...
- Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic Among The Cincinnati Masters Entrants, But Who's Really Playing?
- and Stan Wawrinka are not on the entries. Also opting out were all four Grand Slam winners from last year: Naomi Osaka, Ash Barty, Simona Halep and Bianca Andreescu. Angelique Kerber and Elina Svitolina will also be absent. Serena Williams, Sofia Kenin and Karolina Pliskov...
- Simona Halep Out Of Palermo Due To Coronavirus Anxiety
- weeks after signing up to player. Simona Halep withdrew from the August 3 re-start event in Palermo due to anxiety over the Coronavirus, she announced on twitter. "Given the recent rise in Covid19 cases in Romania and my anxieties around international air travel at this time, I...
- China Tennis Events All Cancelled; WTA Hit Hard, Finals Unlikely
- finals in Shenzhen. "We are extremely disappointed that our world-class events in China will not take place this year," stated Steve Simon, WTA Chairman and CEO. "Unfortunately, this decision also includes the cancellation of the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen and as result, the ...
- Roger Federer Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- it been as perfect as I wanted it to be getting into the semis? I knew there were some doubts after all getting through the match with Simon, Rochus, a match with Monaco, extremely hot. I'm not saying that Rafa didn't have I don't know how his matches have been, but he ju...
- Roger Federer Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- what I was doing and where I was staying actually, but it was a good time.Q. We're one week on the way now. You had a scare against Gilles Simon. Now you're in the quarterfinals. Are you satisfied with the way things are going now?ROGER FEDERER: Yes, I'm satisfied. I'm still in the t...
- Federer Faces Simon Test Tonight; Top Seeds Breeze at Australian Open
- Murray Retires In Rome; Federer v Simon, Nadal v Gulbis Thursday
- Agitated Federer Unravels in Toronto First Round Loss to Simon
- Frenchmen Tsonga, Monfils, Simon Advance in Rio; Djokovic, Nadal And Murray Sunday
- Fognini Ends Nadal's Rio Run; Simon v Monfils In Marseille Finale; Young Seeks First Title In Delray
- Federer Survives Simon Scare on Crazy Day at Australian Open