Gilles Simon - News and More
Do you like Gilles Simon?Began playing tennis at age six...Nickname is "Gilou"...As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in o ... Read Full Bio
- Pliskova Knocks Halep Out Of WTA Finals, Final Four Is Set
- Pliskova eliminated Simona Halep from the WTA Championships in Shenzhen behind a 6-0, 2-6, 6-4 victory over the Romanian and reach her third straight semifinal at the year-end event. "I think overall was a good match," said Pliskova. "I think a little bit up and down from ...
- Barty, Bencic Power Into WTA Finals Semis; Halep v Pliskova Play For Last Spot
- Sofia Kenin in a match which has no bearing on the semifinals. She will meet Bencic on Saturday. Then it's the big match between Simona Halep and Karolina Pliskova in a de facto quarterfinal match, with the winner moving on to the semifinals. Halep leads 7-3 but the two ...
- Svitolina Tops Halep At WTA Finals Shenzhen; Andreescu Retires
- Svitolina continued her title defense notching her 7th straight win at the WTA Finals beating Simona Halep 7-5, 6-3 Wednesday in Shenzhen, China. Halep had beaten Svitolina twice this year including the Wimbledon semifinals. "I try to work every single point and start from...
- Osaka Withdraws From WTA Finals Shenzhen; Kvitova, Barty Fall
- not. Maybe in the end, the couple last games I found my game, my rhythm, my groove somehow. I'm super proud of that." On Wednesday, Simona Halep will meet defending champion Elina Svitolina. And Bianca Andreescu battles Karolina Pliskova with the loser in peril. WEDNESDAY W...
- Halep Hangs On To Beat Andreescu At WTA Shenzhen Finals; Osaka v Barty Tues.
- the marquee match of the WTA Finals round robin, Simona Halep outlasted Bianca Andreescu 3-6, 7-6(6), 6-3 in a thriller Monday in Shenzhen. In this first meeting between the last two Slam winners, the youngster Andreescu held a match point on Halep's serve at 6-5 in the second. ...
- Barty Clinches #1, Osaka Gets First WTA Finals Win On Day 1 In Shenzhen; Andreescu v Halep Mon.
- will meet Barty and then it's Kvitova and Bencic. Monday sees play from the Purple Group headlined by the first meeting between the Simona Halep and Bianca Andreescu. Karolina Pliskova and defending champion Elina Svitolina are featured during the day session. Is this battl...
- Roger Federer Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- it been as perfect as I wanted it to be getting into the semis? I knew there were some doubts after all getting through the match with Simon, Rochus, a match with Monaco, extremely hot. I'm not saying that Rafa didn't have I don't know how his matches have been, but he ju...
- Roger Federer Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- what I was doing and where I was staying actually, but it was a good time.Q. We're one week on the way now. You had a scare against Gilles Simon. Now you're in the quarterfinals. Are you satisfied with the way things are going now?ROGER FEDERER: Yes, I'm satisfied. I'm still in the t...
- Federer Faces Simon Test Tonight; Top Seeds Breeze at Australian Open
- Murray Retires In Rome; Federer v Simon, Nadal v Gulbis Thursday
- Agitated Federer Unravels in Toronto First Round Loss to Simon
- Frenchmen Tsonga, Monfils, Simon Advance in Rio; Djokovic, Nadal And Murray Sunday
- Fognini Ends Nadal's Rio Run; Simon v Monfils In Marseille Finale; Young Seeks First Title In Delray
- Federer Survives Simon Scare on Crazy Day at Australian Open