Gilles Simon - News and More
Do you like Gilles Simon?Began playing tennis at age six...Nickname is "Gilou"...As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in o ... Read Full Bio
- Laver Cup Won't Move Weeks, Will Go Against French Open (It's Roger v Rafa!)
- this week. RG tournament director Guy Forget called Rafa Nadal before the announcement. Not surprising. https://t.co/6f4CsVGGXm— Simon Cambers (@scambers73) March 17, 2020 If the virus is under control (a very, very big IF), and the tour gets back on court, then players...
- WTA Statement On Indian Wells
- WTA has released this statement from CEO Steve Simon regarding the cancellation of the Indian Wells Masters: "First and foremost, there isn’t anything more important than protecting the health of our players, staff, volunteers and fans who attend our events. Based on the medi...
- Defending Champion Bianca Andreescu Withdraws From Indian Wells
- Canadian has played just five events in the last 11 months during which she won the US Open and the Canadian Open. Andreescu joins Simona Halep, Angelique Kerber and Victoria Azarenka who also withdrew from the event. 2018 winner Naomi Osaka is the lone former champion in the...
- Madrid Davis Cup Field Set; USA, Croatia, Italy Qualify, Argentina Eliminated
- Cagliari, Cagliari, ITA (clay - outdoor) Fabio Fognini (ITA) d. Duckhee Lee (KOR) 60 63 Gianluca Mager (ITA) d. Ji Sung Nam (KOR) 63 75 Simone Bolelli/Fabio Fognini (ITA) d. Ji Sung Nam/Min-Kyu Song (KOR) 63 61 Stefano Travaglia (ITA) d. Yunseong Chung (KOR) 60 61 Gianluca Mager...
- Former Champion Simona Halep Withdraws From Indian Wells Due To Foot
- champion Simona Halep withdrew from Indian Wells yesterday. The 2015 winner cited an ongoing foot issue. “I'm incredibly disappointed to have to withdraw from the 2020 BNP Paribas Open. Unfortunately the foot injury that I picked up before Dubai is still causing me trouble...
- No. 1 Barty, Four Former Champions Featured In Doha; Halep Withdraws
- No. 1 Ash Barty joins four former champions in a deep field in Doha. The tournament will be without 2014 winner Simona Halep pulled out after her big title in Dubai Saturday. Without Halep, the tournament still boasts six in the Top 10 and the last four champions: 2019 Elise ...
- Roger Federer Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- it been as perfect as I wanted it to be getting into the semis? I knew there were some doubts after all getting through the match with Simon, Rochus, a match with Monaco, extremely hot. I'm not saying that Rafa didn't have I don't know how his matches have been, but he ju...
- Roger Federer Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- what I was doing and where I was staying actually, but it was a good time.Q. We're one week on the way now. You had a scare against Gilles Simon. Now you're in the quarterfinals. Are you satisfied with the way things are going now?ROGER FEDERER: Yes, I'm satisfied. I'm still in the t...
- Federer Faces Simon Test Tonight; Top Seeds Breeze at Australian Open
- Murray Retires In Rome; Federer v Simon, Nadal v Gulbis Thursday
- Agitated Federer Unravels in Toronto First Round Loss to Simon
- Frenchmen Tsonga, Monfils, Simon Advance in Rio; Djokovic, Nadal And Murray Sunday
- Fognini Ends Nadal's Rio Run; Simon v Monfils In Marseille Finale; Young Seeks First Title In Delray
- Federer Survives Simon Scare on Crazy Day at Australian Open