Tournament Director Karim Alami confirmed that Rafael Nadal will return to competitive tennis in January at the Doha ExxonMobile Open.
“We are incredibly honored to have another year with players of the highest caliber coming to the Qatar ExxonMobil Open,” Alami said in a statement earlier this week. “Rafael Nadal is returning to competitive tennis since his knee injury at Wimbledon so everyone is looking forward to seeing what he brings.”
Nadal will be joined by countryman David Ferrer and Frenchmen Richard Gasquet and Gael Monfils.
Rafa hasn’t played since Wimbledon, and the former No. 1 is still intent on playing the Abu Dhabi exhibition the week before.
In a Facebook post Thursday, Nadal said he’s progressing in his return. “We’re continuing practice on the court Today with Tomeu Salva Vidal. Step by step I’m adapting”.
You Might Like:
Roger Federer Confirms March 8 Doha Return
2021 ATP Men’s Tennis Schedule
Novak Djokovic Will Travel To Australia, Confirms 2 Exo Events…Hope?
Confirmed! Rafael Nadal Will Play The Abu Dhabi Exhibition In 17 Days!
Rafael Nadal Set To Return January 1, 2015 At The Abu Dhabi Exo