Serena Williams - News and More
- Nationality: USA ()
- Birthdate: September 26, 1981
- Birthplace: Saginaw, MI, USA
- Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (September 1995)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 1
Do you like Serena Williams?
| Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; also working with Patrick Mouratoglou; trainer is Esther Lee ... Youngest of five sisters: Lyndrea ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Victoria Azarenka Retires From French Open With Right Knee Injury
- the third time in her career, Victoria Azarenka was unable to complete a Grand Slam match. Among the favorites to threaten Serena Williams, Azarenka's French Open bid was cut short today by a knee injury during her match with Italian Karin Knapp.
Azarenka injured the knee early on...
- Serena Williams Wins, Watches Path Get Easier at French Open; Angelique Kerber Out
- Williams' road to another French Open title got paved a lot smoother on Tuesday at Roland Garros when No. 3 Angie Kerber, who beat the American at the Australian Open, and No. 5 Victoria Azarenka, who beat Williams during the spring hardcourts run in the U.S., both fell out of the...
- Wawrinka Stretched, Murray Breaking? Djokovic, Nadal Tues At Roland Garros
- To Finish 6-3 6-3 0-6 2-4
Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs. Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE)
Jan-Lennard Struff (GER) vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)
Serena Williams (USA) vs. Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK)
Suzanne-Lenglen Court 11:00 AM Start
Francesca Schiavone (ITA) vs. Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)[26...
- Muguruza, Seeds Stretched on Cold, Windy Day at French Open; Serena, Venus Tuesday
- seeds advanced and five seeds tumbled out, including a Top 10er and former Serena Williams nemesis, on Monday at Roland Garros.
No. 7 Roberta Vinci, who ended the world No. 1's quest for a Grand Slam last year in the US Open semifinals, was upended 6-1, 6-3 by the Ukraine...
- Serena Williams: I Don't Have Anything To Prove, It's Paris, It's cool, I'm Having The Time Of My Life
- of her third attempt to catch Steffi Graf and reach the 22 Grand Slam mark, Serena Williams is low key in her title defense. The 34-year-old ended a 9-month title drought winning Rome last week, so that certainly helped in making her feel that much better as she begins her title de...
- Victoria Azarenka Is Pain-Free, But Is She Ready To Beat Serena And Win The French Open?
- Azarenka is among the favorites to win the French Open after Serena Williams. But the Belarussian has only made the French Open semifinals once, and she admits clay she struggles on the clay.
“(It is) the most challenging just because of the specific movement that you have ...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- to the regular array of stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhib...
- Medina Garrigues, Vinci Win WTA Claycourt Titles at Estoril, Barcelona
- I felt like she lost her concentration a little bit."It was the 10th career title for the Spaniard and ninth on clay, tying her with Venus Williams for most clay court titles among active players. The 29-year-old Barrois fell to 0-2 in career finals."Anabel plays with such heavy spin an...
- Serena Williams Defaulted, Clijsters Advances to US Open Final Against Wozniacki
- Venus Williams Wins in Thriller; Federer v Roddick Monday at Sony Miami
- Williams Sisters Book QF Meeting at US Open; Federer v Isner Monday
- Wimbledon Seedings: Federer Gets No Bump, Williams Sisters Rise
- US Open Draw Previews: Favorites Federer, Serena Williams Easy Starts
- Serena Williams in Ass-kicking Mode at US Open; Fish Walkover; X-Notes
Recent fan comments for Serena Williams:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)