Serena Williams - News and More
- Nationality: USA ()
- Birthdate: September 26, 1981
- Birthplace: Saginaw, MI, USA
- Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
- Turned Pro: Pro (September 1995)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- 2013 Final Ranking: 1
Do you like Serena Williams?
| Coached by father Richard Williams and mother Oracene Price; also working with Patrick Mouratoglou; trainer is Esther Lee ... Youngest of five sisters: Lyndrea ... Read Full Bio
Latest News, articles and information:
- Serena the Favorite, Bouchard Under Fire Entering WTA Canadian Open
- of the Top 10 are in Montreal next week for the Canadian Open, where world No. 1 Serena Williams will make her first appearance since Wimbledon.
Local "favorite," Canadian Genie Bouchard, enters the event amidst a tough 2016 campaign, and has been getting ripped by the local medi...
- Venus Williams Meets CiCi Bellis Tonight In Stanford; Top Seed Sam Stosur In Action In D.C.
- a clash of generations, 36-year-old Venus Williams will meet 17-year-old phenom CiCi Bellis tonight in Stanford. Bellis advanced to the quarterfinals after posting a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over countrywoman Sachia Vickery yesterday.
"It's not going to be easy," said Bellis. "But I don't...
- Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber Pull Out Of Events; Venus Williams Wins In Stanford Opener
- days how it works."
Kerber's withdrawal leaves No. 2 seed Sara Errani as the tournament favorite.
In Stanford, 2-time champion Venus Williams made a successful start to the summer hardcourts with a 6-3, 6-7(6), 6-2 win over Magda Linette.
Venus, who won the title in 2000 and 20...
- Dimitrov, Bouchard, Defending Champ Stephens Fall In D.C.; Fritz v Zverev Today; Venus In Stanford
- had been sidelined after undergoing left shoulder surgery last fall.
And at the WTA event in Stanford, later tonight 36-year-old Venus Williams plays her first match against Magda Linette. Williams has won the title twice before in 2000 and 2002. ...
- WTA Previews: Venus Williams Goes for 3rd Stanford Title; Bastad
- OF THE WEST CLASSIC
Stanford, Calif., USA; Surface: hard
Seeds: Venus Williams, Dominika Cibulkova, Johanna Konta, Coco Vandeweghe, Misaki Doi, Jelena Ostapenko, Alize Cornet, Varvara Lepchenko
Floaters: Alison Riske
Notes: Venus the lone Top 10 player ahead of the ...
- Rafael Nadal Gets Clearance To Play The Rio Olympics; Final Entry List Released
- is not fully healed.
Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and defending gold medalist Andy Murray are also on the list. Serena and Venus Williams and Angelique Kerber lead the women.
Nadal will also play in doubles with Marc Lopez. Federer teams with Stan Wawrinka and Djokovic join...
- Almagro, Petkovic Capture Titles
- to the regular array of stars? Prize money will also increase to $655K in 2012 and $1 million in 2013. Will it be enough to entice the Williams sisters and Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters and the "B"-level former No. 1s Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic away from the cash cow exhib...
- Medina Garrigues, Vinci Win WTA Claycourt Titles at Estoril, Barcelona
- I felt like she lost her concentration a little bit."It was the 10th career title for the Spaniard and ninth on clay, tying her with Venus Williams for most clay court titles among active players. The 29-year-old Barrois fell to 0-2 in career finals."Anabel plays with such heavy spin an...
- Serena Williams Defaulted, Clijsters Advances to US Open Final Against Wozniacki
- Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Serena Williams Headline Water-Logged Tuesday French Open Schedule
- Venus Williams Wins in Thriller; Federer v Roddick Monday at Sony Miami
- Williams Sisters Book QF Meeting at US Open; Federer v Isner Monday
- Wimbledon Seedings: Federer Gets No Bump, Williams Sisters Rise
- US Open Draw Previews: Favorites Federer, Serena Williams Easy Starts
Recent fan comments for Serena Williams:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)