Miami Masters Set To Go On, But Will It?
by Staff | March 9th, 2020, 4:45 pm
  • 1 Comment

After the stunning cancellation of the Indian Wells Masters due to the Coronavirus, Miami was thought to be the next domino to fall. But the tournament assuaged some fears by announcing today that it’s planning to begin as scheduled on March 23.

Earlier in the day, the Florida Department of Health had advised all individuals traveling internationally to self-isolate for 14 days. That stance would all be end any chance of Miami holding the event.

But then hours later, the FDH revised its position to just those individuals coming from China, South Korea, Italy and Iran need to self-quarantine.

That does means a large number of players from China and Italy will have to stay in the U.S. if they wish to play in Miami.

The tournament begins in two weeks, so a lot can and will still happen before then.


You Might Like:
Rafael Nadal: Winning Miami Is Not An Obession
Roger Federer Did Not Enter The Miami Masters, A Tournament He Had Never Missed Until This Year
Roger Federer Wins 8th Different Masters 1000 Title, Ties Djokovic, Moves Ahead Of Nadal
Surprise! Rafael Nadal Says Knee Is “Doing Well”
Novak Djokovic Is The New Leader In All-Time ATP Masters 1000 Titles

Don't miss any tennis action, stay connected with Tennis-X

Get the FREE TX daily newsletter

One Comment for Miami Masters Set To Go On, But Will It?

Andrew Miller Says:

Good conclusion – much can still happen. Glad Miami is trying to work this out.

Top story: Favorites Nadal, Thiem Ease Into French Open 3R; Djokovic Back Thurs.
Most Recent story: Halep, Svitolina Wednesday Winners At French Open; Serena, Azarenka Out