Novak Djokovic Confirms He Will Not Be Playing Indian Wells Or Miami
Due to vaccine requirements, Novak Djokovic said yesterday in Dubai that he will not be playing the March Masters events at Indian Wells and Miami.
Following his first win of 2022, Djokovic confirmed he will miss the first two Masters events unless something changes quickly.
“As of today, not,” Djokovic said of going to the U.S. “I can’t go, can’t enter United States. As of today I’m not able to play. But let’s see what happens. I mean, maybe things change in the next few weeks.”
Djokovic has won six Indian Wells titles and five in Miami, but none since sweeping both in 2016. Indian Wells begins on March 10.
Djokovic is also hoping to get his image back on track. He opened up a little in the BBC interview last week, and accepted his deportation with a smile. But he knows he has work to do.
“Of course, there was not many positive articles about this whole situation in the last month or so,” Djokovic said. “But ever since my interview with BBC, I think things are maybe shifting a little bit. I’m hoping. But I understand there’s still a lot of speculations and people questioning.
“I said what I needed to say. I’ve been always very open and transparent, try to speak with the media that maybe criticizes me more or not, whatever. I’m there. I’m open to answer any question. Hopefully things will shift in a positive way for me.”
You Might Like:
Sadly, Here’s Who Won’t Be At Indian Wells
Rafael Nadal Is Now Out Of Indian Wells And Miami
Serena Williams Pulls Out Of Indian Wells And Miami
Stan Wawrinka Pulls Out Of Indian Wells, Miami
Novak Djokovic Releases His Early 2017 Schedule, He Has 4,340 Points To Defend The First 3 Months!