The latest Luxembourg tournament news:
- Goerges Ends 2018 by Topping Qualifier Bencic for WTA Luxembourg Title
- German Julia Goerges book-ended her season Saturday with the BGL Luxembourg Open title during the last week of the WTA regular season. Goerges won her only other 2018 title during the first week of the season.
The top-seeded G...
- Goerges Top Seed, Muguruza Takes Wildcard at WTA Luxembourg; Preview
- any's Julia Goerges leads the field but former No. 1 Garbine Muguruza is right behind her this coming week in Luxembourg, where unseeded Carina Witthoeft will be challenged to defend her title from 2017.
BGL BNP PARIBAS LUXEMB...
- Cornet Ends Almost 3 Year Title Drought, Beating Minella in WTA Gstaad Final
- turned to the winner's circle Sunday at the WTA event in Gstaad, beating first-time finalist Mandy Minella of Luxembourg 6-4, 7-6(6) for her sixth career singles title.
"It was a very close match, I had a feeling it could go e...
- Germans Goerges, Witthoeft Win WTA Titles in Final Week of Regular Season
- oot-11 Goerges improved to 3-7 in career finals, and Kasatkina dropped to 1-2.
Another German captured the Luxembourg title when Carina Witthoeft beat Monica Puig 6-3, 7-5 for her first WTA title at the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembou...
- Nadal Shocked, Djokovic Delayed in Monday Wimbledon R16 Matches
- Luxembourg's favorite son and No. 16 seed Gilles Muller stunned No. 4 seed Rafael Nadal for the biggest upset at Wimbledon on Monday, outlasting the Spaniard in a five-hour battle 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6, 15-13.
"Definitely the big...
- Cilic Wins Big Man Battle at Istanbul; Carreno Busta's Out an ATP Title at Estoril
- wrap-up the title.
For the big-serving Muller it was a career-first claycourt final. The 33-year-old from Luxembourg won his career-first ATP title this January in Sydney, and fell to 1-6 in career finals.
- After Trying to Lose, Mertens Wins 1st WTA Title at Hobart
- because she's tough to play against."
Niculescu fell to 3-5 in career finals. The 29-year-old last won at Luxembourg in 2016.
- Emotional Muller Wins 1st ATP Title After 15 Years Trying
- It took 15 years playing on the pro tour, but 33-year-old Gilles Muller of Luxembourg finally broke the title duck on Saturday, in the championship match of the Apia International Sydney defeating Britain's Daniel Evans 7-6(5), 6-...