The latest Luxembourg tournament news:
- Nadal Shocked, Djokovic Delayed in Monday Wimbledon R16 Matches
- Luxembourg's favorite son and No. 16 seed Gilles Muller stunned No. 4 seed Rafael Nadal for the biggest upset at Wimbledon on Monday, outlasting the Spaniard in a five-hour battle 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6, 15-13.
"Definitely the big...
- Cilic Wins Big Man Battle at Istanbul; Carreno Busta's Out an ATP Title at Estoril
- wrap-up the title.
For the big-serving Muller it was a career-first claycourt final. The 33-year-old from Luxembourg won his career-first ATP title this January in Sydney, and fell to 1-6 in career finals.
- After Trying to Lose, Mertens Wins 1st WTA Title at Hobart
- because she's tough to play against."
Niculescu fell to 3-5 in career finals. The 29-year-old last won at Luxembourg in 2016.
- Emotional Muller Wins 1st ATP Title After 15 Years Trying
- It took 15 years playing on the pro tour, but 33-year-old Gilles Muller of Luxembourg finally broke the title duck on Saturday, in the championship match of the Apia International Sydney defeating Britain's Daniel Evans 7-6(5), 6-...
- Djokovic Strong in ATP Paris Opener; All-Star Line-Up on Thursday
- ore the final.
On Wednesday Djokovic started his Paris campaign successfully, negating the big serving of Luxembourg's Gilles Muller 6-3, 6-4 to set up a meeting with No. 14 seed Grigor Dimitrov.
"Not an easy opponent becau...
- Niculescu Upsets Kvitova, Knots 1st Title in Over 2 Years at WTA Luxembourg
- Monica Niculescu ousted top seed Petra Kvitova 6-4, 6-0 to win her first title at the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open.
It was the Romanian's third straight final in three appearances in Luxembourg after losing finals in 2011-1...
- Monfils, Goffin, Kvitova Headline Stockholm, Antwerp, Luxembourg This Week
- French team of Pierre-Hugues Herbert/Mahut are the top seeds in doubles.
BLG BNP PARIBAS LUXEMBOURG OPEN
Luxembourg; Surface: hard
Seeds: Petra Kvitova, Caroline Wozniacki, Kiki Bertens, Caroline Garcia, Laura Siegemund, M...
- Del Potro Wins Again In Rio, Tsonga Upset, Djokovic Loses In Doubles; Murray, Nadal Return Tuesday
- nzi of Italy.
The lone surprise on the day was Newport finalist Gilles Muller, who was the flagbearer from Luxembourg, sending out Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-3. Tsonga had to receive treatment for a toe injury during the match w...