- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Milos Raonic Ends 2017 Season
- , due to injuries.
Raonic had been off the tour with a wrist injury before returning earlier this month in Tokyo where the Canadian suffered a calf injury.
Now, the former World No. 3, has decided to end his season.
- Kyrgios Walks Off Court, Isner Saves MP; Federer, Nadal Wed In Shanghai
"I had good practice after the Laver Cup," Federer said. "I played well there. And then came early to Tokyo and here since Thursday night. I have arrived as early as ever here in Shanghai for the tournament, and, you ...
- Goffin Takes Tokyo Over Mannarino, Strengthens London Position
- David Goffin enjoyed his biggest career title capturing his first ATP 500 at Tokyo Sunday beating Adrian Mannarino 6-3, 7-5.
It was Goffin's 9th straight win after taking Shenzhen last week and it put him in 8th position i...
- Nadal Crushes Kyrgios For 75th Career Title, Win Streak At 12
- fth time in Nadal's career that he has saved match points en route to tournament victory after 2014 Rio, 2010 Tokyo, 2009 Indian Wells and 2006 Rome.
After, Nadal called it one of his best wins of the year.
"I played, i...
- Rafael Nadal To Face Nick Kyrgios For Beijing Title
- with a victory, beating Nadal in the fourth round at Wimbledon in 2014 when he was ranked No. 144.
In the Tokyo final, Adrian Mannarino will meet David Goffin. Mannarino stunned Marin Cilic 6-7, 6-4, 6-0 while Goffin oust...
- Nadal v Dimitrov, Zverev v Kyrgios Saturday In Beijing; Cilic The Favorite In Tokyo
- g match. I think we're both playing great tennis. Hopefully it's going to be a high-standard semifinal.”
Tokyo offers half of the 3 million purse of a Beijing, and the product this weekend reflects as much. Top seed Mari...
- Nadal Cruises Into Beijing QFs, Will Face Isner Friday; Rublev To Meet Zverev
- t on Wednesday, Grigor Dimitrov duels Roberto Bautista Agut and Nick Kyrgios clashed with Steve Darcis.
In Tokyo, the quarterfinals pit Schwartzman-Johnson, Gasquet-Goffin, Cilic-Harrison, Sugita-Mannarino.
- Raonic Returns From Wrist Surgery With A Win In Tokyo
- In Tokyo, Milos Raonic made his first appearance since Canada and his return started off on a good note beating Viktor Troicki 6-3, 6-4. Raonic had been out after left wrist surgery.
“It was a good match for me in a lot ...