Tokyo Tennis - 2014 Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Davis Cup Quarterfinals: Federer, Wawrinka Lead Favored Swiss; Murray Sick In Italy
- ke he will be OK."
Both Kei Nishikori and Tomas Berdych will be absent for the Japan-Czech Republic tie in Tokyo. And a depleted German squad will travel to face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and France.
JAPAN v CZECH REPUBLIC
- Milos Raonic: Playing Doubles With Ernests Gulbis Is Very Unpredictable
- Open; we played in the evening. It was a little bit slower, and so I returned his serve well. I played him in Tokyo and I served for the match against him ‑‑no, didn't serve for the match, had match point on his serve in ...
- Davis Cup Preview: Federer, Murray Highlight First Round
- Berdych (CZE) v Robin Haase (NED)
R5: Radek Stepanek (CZE) v Igor Sijsling (NED)
Japan v Canada – Tokyo, JPN – hard (indoors)
Head-to-head: Japan leads 5-0
Canada faces a testing trip to Tokyo as last yea...
- Juan Martin Del Potro: "I Think I'm Playing Fantastic Tennis"
- hat took him to the 2009 US Open title. The Argentine has won 14 of his last 15 matches with titles coming in Tokyo and Basel and a final in Shanghai losing to Novak Djokovic in a final set tiebreak. So del Potro has reason f...
- WTA Champs Preview: Serena Seeks A Fourth Year-End Title
Agnieszka Radwanksa: Always consistent, won Seoul and reached the Beijing semifinals where she avenged a Tokyo QF loss to Kerber before losing to Serena. She won't beat Serena, she could beat Kerber. Kvitova, however, wi...
- Juan Martin del Potro: I Think I'm Playing Better Now Than When I Won The US Open
- good anticipation. He's mentally really strong."
Del Potro ends his two-week Asia stretch with a title in Tokyo and a runner-up in Shanghai where he also rattled Rafael Nadal's cage. But losing to Djokovic was still a dis...
- Nadal v Del Potro, Djokovic v Tsonga; Shanghai SF Picks And Pans
- ces in the very first game of the second set it was curtains. And it was.
Next for Nadal is Del Potro. The Tokyo champion seems to be over a bout of flu after routing Rafa's countryman Nicolas Almagro 6-2, 6-3.
- Top Seeds Djokovic, Federer Advance, Now One Win From QF Shanghai Collision; Isner Falls
- Potro was a winner needing a third set breaker to put away Philipp Kohlschreiber. The Argentine who just won Tokyo admitted afterward he's been struggling with the flu.
"It was really tough for me," said Del Potro who lat...