- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Gael Monfils Saves MP To Beat Ivo Karlovic For Washington Title; Yanina Wickmayer Wins Two
- to become the oldest player to win an ATP singles titles in successive weeks since Ken Rosewall in Osaka and Tokyo in October 1973 after winning Newport last week.
"My serve stopped [when serving for the match]," said Kar...
- Nadal Shocked, Wawrinka Gets Worm at Australian Open
- f the Czech's all-court disruptive game.
"Always a tough opponent," the Swiss said. "Play him last year in Tokyo. Tough match. He's always playing good. He qualifies or qualifying here, I think. Quite fast surface, so he s...
- Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Bryans Among 2015 ATP Award Winners
- first Top 5 win over No. 4-ranked Kei Nishikori in the US Open first round and went on to finish runner-up at Tokyo where he beat Nishikori again in the semi-finals. He is currently at a career-high No. 20 in the Emirates ATP...
- Nadal on Form, Djokovic v Murray Saturday at ATP Shanghai Masters
- I feel the effect of last night, but also the past 10 days," Wawrinka said. "I've been playing a lot, winning Tokyo. Today I was just struggling a little bit. It's that simple. Against Nadal you cannot do anything if you're n...
- Djokovic, Wawrinka, Muguruza Claim Asian ATP/WTA Titles Over Weekend
- nka] to Top 10, and now you've brought me to Top 10. Thank you for every day."
Wawrinka Beats Lame Paire for Tokyo Title
Stan Wawrinka upheld his top seeding in the final of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2015 ...
- Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal In Beijing, Who's The Pick? Wawrinka Battles Paire For Tokyo Title
- or Novak.
The Pick: Djokovic in two
While favorites Djokovic and Nadal both won their semifinals, over in Tokyo defending champion Kei Nishikori was stunned yet again by mister Benoit Paire 1-6, 6-4, 6-2.
Paire is quit...
- Djokovic Scary Good In Beijing, Nadal Faces Fognini; Nishikori Seeks Revenge On Paire In Tokyo
- Garbine Muguruza against Agnieszka Radwanska.
Kei Nishikori and Stan Wawrinka are a match away from a nice Tokyo final. In his semifinal, Wawrinka shouldn't have much trouble with lefty Gilles Simon Gilles Muller who is ha...
- Djokovic v Isner, Nadal v Sock Friday In Beijing; Nishikori Faces Cilic In Tokyo
- rters feature Ana Ivanovic v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Angelique Kerber against Agnieszka Radwanska.
In Tokyo, Marin Cilic set up a US Open final rematch against Kei Nishikori. Cilic beat Steve Johnson to win his 28th s...