- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Ana Ivanovic Announces Her Retirement From Pro Tennis
- g a Grand Slam at the 2008 French Open and taking home a total of 15 career WTA titles, most recently at 2014 Tokyo. She ended 2016 ranked No. 63.
But injuries took their toll on the Serbian star. And she recently married ...
- Roger Federer, Serena Williams Among The Few Top Names Chasing Money At The IPTL
- o life across three host cities," said founder and former pro Mahesh Bhupathi. "The first two legs will be in Tokyo and Singapore before we culminate in Hyderabad. We are deeply grateful to our sponsors, partners, broadcaster...
- Djokovic Strong in ATP Paris Opener; All-Star Line-Up on Thursday
- ifying chances on the line.
"David has been playing very well this season," Cilic said. "We just played in Tokyo and it was a tough match. It's a battle now between me, him, Berdych and Tsonga. I'm just hoping to continue ...
- Sorry Nick Kyrgios Responds To 8-Week ATP Suspension, Says He Will Improve His Behavior
- es towards the end of the summer.
The Asian circuit was particularly tough after the long week and win in Tokyo and with the travel throughout the continent, my body finally just gave out in Shanghai both physically and m...
- Cibulkova, Peng, Wozniacki Win WTA Titles at Linz, Tianjin and Hong Kong
- na Mladenovic, improving to 2-0 in finals in 2016.
In September the Dane won the Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo.
Wozniacki saved three break points in the opening game of the third set, but Mladenovic broke back when t...
- Nick Kyrgios Tanks Away Match In Shanghai, Gets Booed Off Court [Video]
- anything. Doesn't affect how I sleep at night."
This latest meltdown comes just days after Kyrgios won the Tokyo title beating David Goffin.
"I guess that's why I'm trying to work on being able to be consistent every we...
- Iron Man Kyrgios Grinds Down Goffin for ATP Tokyo Title
- , outlasting David Goffin 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 to raise the trophy at the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships in Tokyo.
"It was tough, we had a lot of long rallies," said the 21 year old, who saved 11 of the 12 break points...
- Kyrgios Handles Monfils, Faces Goffin For Tokyo Title
- Nick Kyrgios will bid for a third career title Sunday in Tokyo after the Australian dispatched Gael Monfils 6-4, 6-4.
“It was an unbelievable match, we both played very well,” Kyrgios said. “The crowd loved it and we...