Tokyo Tennis - 2013 Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, October 1 - Sunday, October 7
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, October 1, 2012 Women's -- Monday, September 23, 2013
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $ 1,280,565 Women's -- $2,168,400
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Toshio Noji
- Official Website: http://rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Nadal Wins Two In Barcelona, Sets Up Showdown With Raonic; Tipsarevic Continues To Struggle; Sharapova Into Stuttgart SFs
- to me more than myself to him."
He is Milos and this Milos is 0-2 against Rafa, losing both matches at the Tokyo event.
In the other semifinal, Philipp Kohlshreiber takes on Nicolas Almagro.
Out West in Bucharest, Ja...
- Statement Made: Nadal Returns To Form, Beats Del Potro In Three To Take Third Indian Wells Title
- ing Argentine to claim his 22nd career Masters title, 53rd of his career and his first on the hardcourt since Tokyo in October of 2010. The win also marked the 600th of his career.
If Rafa wanted to send the message that h...
- Rafael Nadal Caps Remarkable Return By Winning Indian Wells [Video]
- the title match in Vina Del Mar. And today he won his first hardcourt tournament title since October 2010 in Tokyo, a record 22nd Masters 1000 crown and overall his 600th career match win.
The title was also his third of ...
- Rafael Nadal Feels "Very Good", But Still Cautious And Doesn't Expect Much At Indian Wells
- ng in results here."
As has been written on this site ad nauseum, Nadal hasn't won a hardcourt title since Tokyo in October of 2010. However, the former No. 1 has won Indian Wells twice and reached at least the semifinal s...
- Is Rafa Nadal Really Back? TBD, But At Least He's Back On Hardcourts This Weekend
- up to this point in his career his most trying surface.
Nadal hasn't won a title on the cement since 2010 Tokyo (2.5 years ago) and his most recent final came 13 months ago at the 2012 Australian Open. And in his most rec...
- Poll: Djokovic, Federer, Murray Or Nadal, Who'll Win Indian Wells?
- rer, Murray or David Ferrer) in the quarterfinals.
Rafa hasn't won a hardcourt event since October 2010 in Tokyo but he has won Indian Wells twice in 2007 and 2009 and he's made at least the semifinals all three years post...
- Nadal Already Out Of Indian Wells And Miami? Spanish Press Says So
- en that his knee is still not 100%, and he doesn't like playing on hardcourts much anyway - zero titles since Tokyo 2010. And I can't even remember the last time Rafa played on the cement. Quarterfinals at Miami last year?
- Tsonga, Ferrer, Kvitova Among 6 ATP/WTA Title Winners
- in Memphis on Sunday for his third career title. The 23-year-old added to previous titles in Delray Beach and Tokyo.
"I served really well this week," Nishikori said. "I was practicing a lot and itï¿½s getting better. Hop...