- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- Nishikori, 3 of Top 10, Cilic, Kyrgios at ATP Tokyo; Preview
- RAKUTEN JAPAN OPEN
Tokyo, Japan; Surface: hard
Seeds: Kei Nishikori, Gael Monfils, Tomas Berdych, Marin Cilic, David Goffin, Nick Kyrgios, Ivo Karlovic, Feliciano Lopez
Floaters: Nicolas Almagro, Benoit Paire, Taylor ...
- Defending Champion Stan Wawrinka Withdraws From Tokyo With A Back Injury
- Defending champion Stan Wawrinka withdrew from next week's Tokyo event due to a back injury, the tournament announced today.
Wawrinka won the Tokyo title last year beating Benoit Paire.
Wawrinka won the US Open stunnin...
- No. 1 Kerber Falls To Kvitova, Venus Ousted; Halep v Keys Thursday In Wuhan
- dwanska after the Pole gained revenge over Carolina Wozniacki 6-4, 6-2. Wozniacki beat Radwanska last week in Tokyo.
"I'm just very glad to win this match in two sets," Radwanska said. "Obviously, it's never easy against C...
- Kerber Survives First Match As No. 1, Faces Kvitova Wednesday In Wuhan; Wozniacki v Radwanska
"We always play good matches, so I'm not expecting it to be easy. We just played three hours in Tokyo so we could have another battle in front of us," Radwanska said.
Wozniacki has won her last seven matches ...
- Karolina Pliskova: Holding The Fed Cup Final At A Neutral Site Doesn't Make Sense
In her first match since reaching the US Open final, the 24-year-old lost in the first round of the Tokyo event last week.
"I was home about five, six days. I just took off about four days," Pliskova said of her ...
- Wozniacki, Arruabarrena, Tsurenko Win WTA Titles Over Weekend
- Former No. 1 Wozniacki Wins 1st Title of Year at Tokyo
Caroline Wozniacki won her first title of the season on Sunday in Tokyo when the former world No. 1 defeated Japanese rising star Naomi Osaka 7-5, 6-3.
"I just wan...
- Wawrinka v Zverev in St. Petersburg Final; Thiem Faces Pouille For Metz Title
Pouille beat Thiem in their only meeting last year on the clay in Monte Carlo.
The women's final in Tokyo features former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki against 18-year-old Noami Osaka.
- Wozniacki Faces Radwanska In Tokyo, Osaka Into First WTA SF; Jankovic Seeks Title Defense In Guangzhou
- ntinued her climb back up the rankings beating qualifier Magda Linette 6-4, 6-3 to reach the last four at the Tokyo event.
The former No. 1 will meet fellow former champion Agnieszka Radwanska in the semifinals after the P...