Tokyo Tennis - 2014 Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Schedule: Monday, September 29 - Sunday, October 5
- Begins on: Men's --Monday, September 29 Women's -- Monday, September 15
- Draw Size: S-32 D-16
- Surface: Hard
- Prize Money: Men's -- $1,228,825 Women's -- $710,000
- Tournament Director: WTA Tournament Director: Mr. Kentaro Miyamoto
- Official Website: rakutenopen.rakuten.co.jp/
- TV Schedule / Tokyo Live Streaming
Do you like Tokyo?
|Former Men's Tokyo Tennis Champions:
2009 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Tomas Berdych
2007 David Ferrer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Wesley Moodie
2004 Jiri Novak
2003 Rainer Schuettler
2002 Kenneth Carlsen
2001 Lleyton Hewitt
2000 Sjeng Schalken
1999 Nicolas Kiefer
1998 Andrei Pavel
1997 Richard Krajicek
1996 Pete Sampras
1995 Jim Courier
1994 Pete Sampras
1993 Pete Sampras
1992 Jim Courier
1991 Stefan Edberg
1990 Stefan Edberg
1989 Stefan Edberg
1988 John McEnroe
1987 Stefan Edberg
1986 Ramesh Krishnan
1985 Scott Davis
1984 David Pate
1983 Eliot Teltscher
1982 Jimmy Arias
1981 Balazs Taroczy
1980 Ivan Lendl
1979 Terry Moor
1977 Manuel Orantes
1976 Roscoe Tanner
1975 Raul Ramirez
1974 Rod Laver
The latest Tokyo tournament news:
- 2015 Davis Cup First Round: Djokovic, Murray, Raonic And Nishikori In Action This Weekend
- pan and Canada go head-to-head in a repeat of last year’s first round clash, which saw Japan prevail 4-1 in Tokyo to extend its perfect record against Canada to 6-0. Kei Nishikori won both of his singles and the doubles rub...
- Nadal Survives 3:18am Finish To Reach Rio SFs; Halep On Brink Of Biggest Career Title
- inutes from matching the ATP record of 3:24am for the latest finish at a non-Slam tour match, set at the 2006 Tokyo event. It was Nadal's latest finish ever to a match. The match was delayed due to the day session matches all...
- 2014 ATP Finals Profile: Kei Nishikori
- #457731436 / gettyimages.comKEI NISHIKORI
Current ATP Rank: 5
2014 Highlights: 4 titles - Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Barcelona, Memphis; US Open and Madrid Finals; Paris, Miami SFS
ATP Finals History: None
- Nishikori Outlasts Raonic, Wins 2nd Tokyo Title And Ups Win Streak To 9
- 4-year-old made the US Open finals last month, then won Kuala Lumpur and today added a second career title in Tokyo, edging rival Milos Raonic 7-6(5), 4-6, 6-4.
"He was serving really well, with a lot of aces," said Nishik...
- Djokovic Downs Murray, Faces Berdych in Beijing Final; Nishikori v Raonic In Tokyo
- t ground to those ranked ahead of him for the London Race.
Nishikori and Raonic will play tomorrow for the Tokyo title. Nishikori needed a final set breaker to take out Benjamin Becker while Raonic cruised past Gilles Simo...
- Nadal Knocked Out By A Qualifier In Beijing, Serena Withdraws; Djokovic v Murray Saturday
- going to go to Europe and see my doctors there," she said. "They have a really good system there."
And in Tokyo, Kei Nishikori will be the favorite against Benjamin Becker in one SF. The other sees Milos Raonic against Gi...
- Beijing Blockbusters Friday: Djokovic v Dimitrov, Murray v Cilic; Serena, Sharapova Also
- Ivanovic already advanced into the semis when Simona Halep withdrew from their match with a hip injury.
In Tokyo, Kei Nishikori is living up to his star billing. He'll play Jeremy Chardy. Milos Raonic and Gilles are also a...
- Nadal Dominates In Return At Beijing, Djokovic Stays Perfect; Serena, Sharapova Advance
- quick 6-2, 6-3 win over Pironkova. "I was just trying to make sure I was able to win a game early on."
In Tokyo, Australian Open champion and top seed Stan Wawrinka was stunned by Tatsuma Ito 7-5, 6-2. The World No. 4 Waw...