There is no dispute that Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams are the clear-cut favorites to win the French Open.
Rafa has won his last 15 matches and has seven French Open titles. Serena is riding a career best 24-match win streak as she seeks a second crown in Paris.
The case for Rafa:
– He is the King of Clay!
– 52-1 in Paris with 7 titles
– Has reached the finals in all eight events played this year, and the French is his favorite
– No player in the draw has beaten Nadal on clay in best-of-5
– Serena’s not a natural on clay
– Serena’s hasn’t won in Paris since 2002!
The case for Serena:
– On a 24-match win streak
– Angry over first round loss to Razzano last year
– Only competition is Sharapova and we know that head-to-head!
– Rafa just lost to rival Djokovic the last time they played on clay, Serena’s pummeled her rivals
– No real health issues while Rafa’s knees could flare up at any moment
You Might Like:
Poll: What Was The Bigger Wimbledon Upset: Nadal, Federer Or Serena?
Poll: Rafael Nadal Or Novak Djokovic, Who’s Your Early Favorite To Win The French Open?
Serena, Woz Line up Pressure-packed (re: Choke?) US Open Women’s Final
Poll: Novak Djokovic Or Rafael Nadal, Who’ll Win Their French Open Semifinal Showdown?
Poll: Will Novak Djokovic Ever Win The French Open And The Career Grand Slam?