Gilles Simon - News and More
- Nationality: FRA (France)
- Birthdate: December 27, 1984
- Age: 34 years old
- Birthplace: Nice, France
- Residence: Neuchatel, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 2002
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Jan De Witt
Do you like Gilles Simon?
Began playing tennis at age six...Nickname is "Gilou"...As a junior, he was inspired by Michael Chang, saying, "He showed me that you don't have to be tall in o ... Read Full
Latest News, articles and information:
- Lopez Sweeps Queen's, Edges Simon In Singles, Teams With Murray For Doubles Crown
- Lopez. The part-time tournament director won both the singles and doubles titles Sunday in Queen's.
The 37-year-old edged Gilles Simon in a 3-set thriller 6-2, 6-7(4), 7-6(2). Lopez had command of the second set breaker up 4-2 but didn't win another point. Then blew break c...
- Lopez Stops Auger-Aliassime, Will Face Simon For Queen's Title Then Join Murray For Doubles Crown
- 3 seeds Henri Kontinen and John Peers. Lopez was on court over four hours during the day.
In the singles final, Lopez will meet Gilles Simon. The 34-year-old came from a set down to beat Daniil Medvedev 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-3 to reach his first final of the season.
“It was hard to...
- Auger-Aliassime Beats Hapless Tsitsipas Again In Queen's; Murray Not Done In Doubles
- the 37-year-old Feliciano Lopez who knocked out another Canadian, Milos Raonic, 4-6, 6-4, 7-6(5).
In the other semifinals, Gilles Simon, a winner over Nicolas Mahut in a final set breaker, takes on Daniil Medvedev after the Russian crushed Diego Schwartzman 6-2, 6-2.
- 12 Things I Think I Thought About Rafael Nadal And The French Open
- but I don’t care who’s in those matches and what the men's schedule looks like, they deserve a bigger and better stage than Court Simonne Matheiu at 11am.
6. Best On WTA
Has there ever been more upheaval and uncertainty on the WTA? The top players are losing early or inj...
- Barty Overcomes Colossal Collapse To Beat Anisimova And Reach French Open Final v Vondrousova
- That's probably the best part that came out of today."
The 51st-ranked Anisimova, who'll vault into the top 30 now, had just hammered Simona Halep a day before, but began the match today dead cold.
"I started off pretty rough. I mean, I was kind of frozen and I couldn't reall...
- 2019 French Open Men's SF Open Thread: Federer v Nadal, Djokovic v Thiem
- (SRB)  v Dominic THIEM (AUT)
Court Suzanne LENGLEN Début à 11h00
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS)  v Amanda ANISIMOVA (USA)
Court Simonne MATHIEU Début à 11h00
Johanna KONTA (GBR)  v Marketa VONDROUSOVA (CZE)
Periods of light rain. Winds incre...
- Roger Federer Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- it been as perfect as I wanted it to be getting into the semis? I knew there were some doubts after all getting through the match with Simon, Rochus, a match with Monaco, extremely hot. I'm not saying that Rafa didn't have I don't know how his matches have been, but he ju...
- Roger Federer Interview - Australian Open, Jan 23
- what I was doing and where I was staying actually, but it was a good time.Q. We're one week on the way now. You had a scare against Gilles Simon. Now you're in the quarterfinals. Are you satisfied with the way things are going now?ROGER FEDERER: Yes, I'm satisfied. I'm still in the t...
- Federer Faces Simon Test Tonight; Top Seeds Breeze at Australian Open
- Murray Retires In Rome; Federer v Simon, Nadal v Gulbis Thursday
- Agitated Federer Unravels in Toronto First Round Loss to Simon
- Frenchmen Tsonga, Monfils, Simon Advance in Rio; Djokovic, Nadal And Murray Sunday
- Fognini Ends Nadal's Rio Run; Simon v Monfils In Marseille Finale; Young Seeks First Title In Delray
- Federer Survives Simon Scare on Crazy Day at Australian Open
Recent fan comments for Gilles Simon: