Rafael Nadal - News and More
Do you like Rafael Nadal?Full name is Rafael Nadal Parera...Nicknamed "Rafa"...Plays left-handed but writes right-handed...Began playing tennis at age four with his uncle Toni, who is h ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Massive forehand; physically imposing; consistent off ground; fast; indefatigable
Weaknesses: Second serve; handling of flat, hard groundstokes on hard courts; injury prone
- Nadal Stares Down Teen Zverev in 5 Sets; Gasquet-Dimitrov Late at Aussie Open
- No. 1 Rafael Nadal's match against rising German teen Alexander Zverev met the hype on Saturday at the Australian Open, where the No. 9-seeded Spaniard's experience prevailed from 1-2 sets down 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-2. "[He] is a player that has an amazing potentia...
- Rafael Nadal: Alexander Zverev Has A Big Chance To Be No. 1 In The World
- a good win Thursday night over former Australian Open finalist Marcos Baghdatis, Rafael Nadal looked ahead to his Saturday collision with teen phenom Alexander Zverev. "Is a great player," Nadal said of the 19-year-old. "Is one of the best players of the world, without a...
- Federer Delights; Rafa v Zverev Saturday at Australian Open
- quite windy, not easy to really play well, have a good rhythm." Saturday's slate of highlight matches in Melbourne include (9) Rafael Nadal vs. (24) Alexander Zverev, (15) Grigor Dimitrov vs. (18) Richard Gasquet, (6) Gael Monfils vs. (32) Philipp Kohlschreiber, (20) Ivo Karlovi...
- Federer Faces Berdych Tonight At The Australian Open, Can He Win? Third Round Preview
- can you trust him? I don't think I can. I'll go with Evans. Looking ahead tomorrow, the big match is Alexander Zverev against Rafael Nadal. I'm thrilled to see Nadal back in form, but I don't know if it will be enough to take out the teen. And Grigor Dimitrov battles Richard...
- 8 Things I Think I Thought About Novak Djokovic's Loss To Denis Istomin
- happening. The decline of Novak Djokovic right before our eyes. In real time. We saw it with Roger Federer, we saw it with Rafael Nadal. Now, it's Djokovic's turn. It's how the game works. Is there a comeback? Was that loss to Denis Istomin Thursday at the Australian Open just...
- Djokovic Stunned; Raonic Sick; Sick Friday Line-Up at Aussie Open
- 6-4, 1-6, 6-0; No. 8 Dominic Thiem who held off Aussie Jordan Thompson 6-2, 6-1, 6-7(6), 6-4; and in the final night match No. 9 Rafael Nadal who defeated old foe Marcos Baghdatis 6-3, 6-1, 6-3. Raonic revealed after his match that he's fighting off illness. "I started feeli...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- happy with my game also. I was a bit sad about certain moments.But generally speaking I'm happy. I'm satisfied with my game.Q. You played Nadal a lot of times. What are your thoughts about this match today?DAVID FERRER: (Through translation.) Well, Rafa is incredible on clay. I mean...
- Roger Federer Interview - Miami, Apr 1
- those. That's what I care about right now. Q. After Rafa's play today, do you think it's going to start a new era with Djokovic and Nadal on the top? ROGER FEDERER: Possibly. I don't know. You tell me. Let's see in five years. Look back. It's not like Novak hasn't...
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Djokovic Tries to Cap Slam Season Against Nadal With First US Open Title, Who'll Win?
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?
- Federer v. Nadal US Open Final Ahead?
- Djokovic v. Nadal For Australian Open Title, 2012 Supremacy; Who's The Pick?
- Featured Rafael Nadal Videos:
Rafael Nadal reflects on his game, 2009 and what's to come in London.