Roger Federer - News and More
- Nationality: SUI (Switzerland )
- Birthdate: August 08, 1981
- Birthplace: Basel, Switzerland
- Residence: Bottmingen, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 1998
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Severin Luthi
- 2013 Final Ranking: 6
Do you like Roger Federer?
|Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
|See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
Latest News, articles and information:
- Davis Cup 2017 Draw: USA To Host Swiss, England Goes To Canada
- how many top players will be available to play right after the Australian Open to play on a different continent to their own? Will Roger Federer and/or Stan Wawrinka go from Australia to the U.S. then back home? In Federer's case, Dubai?
Andy Murray may face a similar schedule and...
- 10 Things I Think I Thought About Stan Wawrinka, Novak Djokovic And The US Open
- one Wimbledon away from completing the career Slam. I don't think he'll get it - his game just isn't suited for grass - but with Roger Federer out and Rafael Nadal no longer the star he was, Stan could actually win a few more these. And why not?
2. The Match
The match was kind ...
- Stan Wawrinka: I Was Crying, I Was Shaking Right Before The US Open Final!
- I ever played.
So I was sure that in the final I would be ready for that.
Q. You remember the last year Novak Djokovic beat Roger Federer in the final of this tournament. How did you face him today? Any chance to chat Roger about how to, you know --
STAN WAWRINKA: To lose?
- Stan Wawrinka Wins Third Slam At US Open, Takes Down Novak Djokovic In 4 Sets
- Wawrinka is a 3-time Grand Slam champion! Wawrinka added to his resume today claiming the US Open title stunning top seed and World No. 1 Novak Djokovic 6-7(1), 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 in 3 hours, 55 minutes.
"This is amazing, for sure, amazing two weeks," said Wawrinka. "I spend so much ...
- Novak Djokovic v Gael Monfils, Stan Wawrinka v Kei Nishikori; US Open SF Picks And Pans
- is it! The final weekend of the 2016 Grand Slam season. Novak Djokovic made it. But several of the other top names didn't.
Roger Federer is on the mend with a bad knee. Rafael Nadal is still dealing with nerves in pressure situations and Andy Murray might want to wear headphones...
- Juan Martin Del Potro: Everything Is Like New For Me, It's Like A New Career
- the return of former champion Juan Martin del Potro. The 27-year-old who shocked the world in 2009 beating Rafael Nadal and then Roger Federer to win the US Open, has been out of the title hunt in New York after four wrist surgeries until now.
And not surprisingly, he's overjoy...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?
Recent fan comments for Roger Federer:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)