Roger Federer - News and More
Do you like Roger Federer?Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
- Unstoppable Djokovic Wins Shanghai, Eyes Year-End No. 1 Ranking
- serves in every match. So obviously that brings me a lot of joy." He will move to No. 2 on the ATP rankings Monday, displacing Roger Federer who fell to Coric in the semifinals. "I thought I was actually playing really well," said Coric. "I'm feeling good on the court. I was n...
- Coric Stops Federer, Will Meet Djokovic For Shanghai Title
- Coric advanced to the biggest final of his career eliminating defending champion Roger Federer 6-4, 6-4 in the Shanghai semifinals. "It's one of the best matches I have ever played. I was just feeling through the ball," Coric said. "I think I served the best in my life, for sur...
- Federer, Djokovic Edge Closer To Shanghai Final; Zverev Secures ATP Finals Berth
- a day when all four quarterfinal matches were decided in straight sets, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic moved one step closer to a Sunday final showdown in Shanghai. After two straight 3-set matches, the defending champion Federer needed only two sets today against Kei Nishikori...
- Federer Needs 3 Again In Shanghai, Faces Nishikori Next; Del Potro Retires, Djokovic v Anderson Friday
- Federer went the distance again, and like he did Wednesday, broke at 4-all in the third then closed out Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 2-6, 6-4 to reach the Shanghai quarterfinals. “I'm actually quite happy,” said Federer. “I thought that Bautista really had to raise his leve...
- Federer Opens Shanghai Title Defense With 3 Set Win; Del Potro, Zverev Also Winners
- Federer opened his Shanghai title defense with a tough 3-set 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 win over recent Tokyo champion Daniil Medvedev. Federer, who was playing in his first official tour match since the US Open, broke at 4-all in the third then served it out. “In the third set I really s...
- AT The ATP Milan Event, Towels Will Kept On A Rack, Not With Ballboys (Top Players Not Impressed)
- in May. Obviously this only impacts the younger players, but what do the top veterans think about this? Both Kei Nishikori and Roger Federer don't sound convinced it's a good idea because it will slow the game down at a time when the tour is trying to speed it up. And Rafael Nada...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?