Roger Federer - News and More
Do you like Roger Federer?Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
- Roger Federer Was In Prague Monday To Promote The Laver Cup
- Federer made a public appearance in Prague yesterday to promote the new Laver Cup, which is run by his management company. The event, to be held September 22-24, pits Europe against the world in a team tennis format. Prague is the inaugural host city of what will be an annual e...
- Roger Federer To Play Three More Years?
- his incredible Australian Open title, Roger Federer wouldn't commit to even returning to Melbourne to defend his title. But he has now committed to playing his home event in Basel at least three more years, the tournament confirmed. "We are in the privileged position to...
- Rafael Nadal Pulls Out Of Rotterdam To Rest, Roger Federer Declines Replacement Spot
- Cilic and Dominic Thiem will assume the roles of top seeds at the event. Tournament director Krajicek tried to replace Nadal with Roger Federer but was unable to get the Swiss. "In a short period we have contacted the complete top-five and Roger Federer, but unfortunately none of...
- Roger Federer: Days Later, I Still Cannot Believe I Won The Australian Open
- a recent Q&A with Time Magazine, Roger Federer reflected on his improbable win at the Australian Open. "Honestly, I never thought I'd be able to win this tournament," Federer said. "That’s what stands out to me three days later. I still can’t believe I was able to make it all ...
- Was The Australian Open Court Faster Than Wimbledon? Roger Federer Didn't Mind!
- broke the court speed data down on Channel 7 during the event, saying his "head almost flew off" when he saw the numbers. Federer, who won the event beating Rafael Nadal in the final, says faster courts helps the older players. "I think with faster conditions, the o...
- Rafael Nadal To Return To Queen's, Part Of Busy Schedule Ahead
- and it is the best way for me to be ready for Wimbledon." Following his runner-up finish at the Australian Open where he lost to Roger Federer, Nadal will embark on an aggressive schedule playing Rotterdam next week, then Acapulco followed by Masters events at Indian Wells and Miam...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?