Roger Federer - News and More
Do you like Roger Federer?Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
- Federer Advances In Halle; Russian Youngsters Khachanov, Rublev To Meet In QFs
- champion Roger Federer rolled in the Halle quarterfinals Thursday with tight win over Mischa Zverev 7-6(4), 6-4. Federer, who beat the German last year 6-0, 6-0, pulled ahead at 5-4 in the first set breaker, then got the only break of the match at 4-all in the second. â...
- All Time Most ATP Wins: Federer Now At 1,100 [Chart]
- his opening round win Tuesday in Halle, Roger Federer collected his 1,100th career ATP victory. The Swiss is one of just three players to ever cross the 1,000 win mark, and only behind Jimmy Connors's 1,256. "Iâ€™m very excited about it," Federer said of the mark. "I didnâ€...
- Federer Finds Winning Form In Halle, Haas Honored After Loss
- a shocking loss last week in his grass opener in Stuttgart to Tommy Haas, Roger Federer got back on track in Halle by trouncing lucky loser Yuichi Sugita 6-3, 6-1 in his opener. Federer lost just three points all match on his first serve, and only faced one break points, which ...
- Federer, 0-1 on Grass This Season, Heads to Halle as 8-time Champion; ATP Preview
- Federer will try and improve on his 0-1 win-loss record on grass this year when he returns to his happy hunting grounds, the Gerry Weber Open where he has won eight career titles on the lawns, most recently in 2015. He is joined by three others in the Top 10 along with t...
- Andy Murray Might Only Play A Couple More Years On The Pro Tennis Tour
- the success of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Stan Wawrinka, Andy Murray doesn't see himself doing well in tennis in his mid 30s. In fact, he doesn't even think he'll be playing. "I know some of the players have been doing really well until their mid-30s recently, but that m...
- Cilic Wins In Den Bosch, Haas Out In Stuttgart; Zverev Bros In SFs
- his big win over Roger Federer on Wednesday. 39-year-old Tommy Haas was bounced by countryman Mischa Zverev 6-4, 6-4 in the quarterfinals at the Stuttgart Open on grass. Zverev is into his first Stuttgart semifinal where he'll meet Feliciano Lopez. The lefty Spaniard ousted No....
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?