Roger Federer - News and More
- Nationality: SUI (Switzerland )
- Birthdate: August 08, 1981
- Birthplace: Basel, Switzerland
- Residence: Bottmingen, Switzerland
- Turned Pro: 1998
- Plays: Right-handed
- Coach: Severin Luthi
- 2013 Final Ranking: 6
Do you like Roger Federer?
|Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
|Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
|See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
Latest News, articles and information:
- 2016 ATP Year-End Top 20 Rankings: Federer, Ferrer Fall; Pouille Rises
- made history as for the first time the Top 10 was represented by 10 different countries.
Among the movers were David Ferrer and Roger Federer who were among the four players to fall out of the Top 10 (Richard Gasquet, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga the others).
Federer missed half the seas...
- Roger Federer, Serena Williams Among The Few Top Names Chasing Money At The IPTL
- about all the biggest names in tennis, the third season of the International Premier Tennis League includes only two major names, Roger Federer and Serena Williams.
And the league shrinks from five teams to four as the Philippeans team in Manila is no longer part of the series. T...
- Andy Murray Is The 17th Different Player To Finish No. 1 In ATP Rankings History
- what motivates me."
PLAYERS TO FINISH ATP NO. 1 (first achieved)
Andy Murray (2016)
Novak Djokovic (2015)
Rafael Nadal (2013)
Roger Federer (2009)
Andy Roddick (2003)
Lleyton Hewitt (2002)
Gustavo Kuerten (2000)
Andre Agassi (1999)
Pete Sampras (1998)
Jim Courier (1992)
- Are We Entering The Andy Murray Era?
- it was the Roger Federer Era, then the Rafael Nadal Era followed by the Novak Djokovic Era. So is this the start of the Andy Murray Era? After winning the ATP Finals and finishing No. 1 with an emphatic win over Novak Djokovic, even Murray isn't so sure, but he'd like it to be.
- Roger Federer Among The Tennis Players To Congratulate Andy Murray On Finishing No. 1
- Murray's effort yesterday beating Novak Djokovic 63, 64 to win his first ATP Finals title and secure the year-end No. 1 ranking.
Roger Federer, Juan Martin del Potro, Stan Wawrinka, Tomas Berdych and Victoria Azarenka were among those posting tweets.
Epic start to the year by @D...
- It's Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic For The ATP No. 1 Ranking Sunday In London, Who's The Pick?
- a long shot. After the Raonic and the Nishikori win Wednesday, Murray might not make it out of bed tomorrow - remember what happened to Federer two years ago after he played an epic semifinal?
Point is, based on the way Novak looked today, even a fresh, confident Murray would hav...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?
Recent fan comments for Roger Federer:
Leave your own comment: (all fields required)