Roger Federer - News and More
Do you like Roger Federer?Began playing tennis at age eight...Mother, Lynette, is South African and father, Robert, is Swiss and they met on a business trip (they both worked for a pharm ... Read Full Bio
Our Scouting Report
Strengths: Does everything well; big forehand; great footwork; fast
Weaknesses: Trouble hitting high backhands; 5-set record
See also: Roger Federer Girlfriend
- Rafael Nadal Rolls Over Kevin Anderson 16th Grand Slam Title, 3rd US Open
- snapping an 8-match losing streak in finals on his least favorite surface. And the win also puts added distance between him and Roger Federer for the year-end No. 1 ranking. Federer can still make up the 1,800 or so point gap, but he'll have to be almost perfect. As for the dra...
- Nadal v Del Potro, Carreno Busta v Anderson; US Open SF Picks And Pans
- but that changes bigly today against Juan Martin Del Potro. Playing as well as he has in years, Del Potro took the racquet out of Roger Federer's hands Wednesday night. And after saving those two matchpoints in a thriller Monday over Dominic Thiem, maybe the Gods are with him. After...
- Roger Federer: Del Potro Has A Better Chance Of Beating Rafa Than Me In SFs Anyway
- Federer admitted after his 4-set loss to Juan Martin del Potro last night that he felt he wasn't playing well enough to beat rival Rafael Nadal in the Friday semifinals. Rather, it was good that del Potro won because he would have a better chance against the Spaniard. "Of cours...
- Roger Federer Says He's Still Stick To His Fall Schedule Which Includes 5 Events
- Federer missed a chance this week to return to No. 1 after losing tonight to Juan Martin del Potro in the quarterfinals at the US Open. The Swiss, though, confirmed his upcoming schedule which he hopes to be 100% for. "Now I have Laver Cup, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, and London...
- Del Potro Ruins Federer-Nadal SF Party at US Open
- Martin del Potro ruined the Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal party on Wednesday at the US Open when the former champion defeated the five-time winning Swiss 7-5, 3-6, 7-6(8) 6-4. "I played my best match of the tournament," said Del Potro, who saved four set points in the third-set ti...
- Rafael Nadal: I Don't Want To Look Like I'm Going To Be Roger Federer's Boyfriend
- a sixth US Open semifinal. After the easy win over the Russian 19-year-old, the focus was of course on his potential match-up with Roger Federer on Friday, which would be their first at the US Open. When asked of his admiration for the Swiss, Rafa had some fun. "I don't want to lo...
- David Ferrer Interview - Monte Carlo, Apr 17
- the same in Rome. In the first set I had my chances, too. It was very tight.Q. People tend to under evaluate you in relation to Nadal, Federer, the other top players. Do you think after this final, which you played very well, that you will be more considered by tennis fans, by the ...
- Novak Djokovic Interview- Miami, Apr 1
- pressing the top of the rankings for years. A few years ago I remember you going like this a lot. (Holding up index finger.) It was when Federer was kind of in a slump. Do you feel that...NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't understand. What do you mean?Q. You were like saying No. 1 or whatever t...
- Djokovic v. Federer Highlight Fab Four US Open Semifinals, Who'll Win? Serena Closes In
- Breaking Down the US Open Final: Federer v. Del Potro
- Sizing Up the Semifinals, Federer v Djokovic and Nadal v Murray at French Open
- Roddick, Federer Face First Test Today at US Open
- Tennis World Awaits a Federer-Nadal US Open Final
- Can Federer Beat Nadal to Win Another French Open?